R41 will always be number #1, only and IF, you're in a hurry

Only and if you’re in a hurry!? a hurry to get to hospital?

I am not as wirey as some of our darker haired members but can achieve single pass DFS++, BBS and almost DBS with a less aggressive razor and the right blade.
Indeed. I used to use an R41 as my daily driver (though the first time I used it gave a case of razor burn to remember), a vast improvement on my Mercur 34C, but nowadays efficient trumps aggressive any day.

I find for me, two passes, WTG then XTG on the face and WTG then ATG on the neck and that's it for me. I don't have a tough beard so a 3rd pass isn't needed.

I bought the R41 more as an experiment and to just say that "I've got the R41".

In all honesty, it's a terrible razor for me. I still manage to get a weeper from it even when using a mild blade. It just can't be tamed to be a daily shaver.

Although!

When I've let the facial hair grow for a week, the R41 just glides through it and culls it right down.. from there I jump back onto the Rocca and complete the rest of the shave in comfort.

These days I just shave WTG and it gets me a great shave without irritation. Chasing the BBS shave with XTG and ATG is just not worth the rash.

I bought the R41 more as an experiment and to just say that "I've got the R41".

In all honesty, it's a terrible razor for me. I still manage to get a weeper from it even when using a mild blade. It just can't be tamed to be a daily shaver.

Although!

When I've let the facial hair grow for a week, the R41 just glides through it and culls it right down.. from there I jump back onto the Rocca and complete the rest of the shave in comfort.

These days I just shave WTG and it gets me a great shave without irritation. Chasing the BBS shave with XTG and ATG is just not worth the rash.
I thought Al Bundy is man enough to keep up with the R41 without complaining.

giphy.gif