Question about the G5C Premium Synth. made from Japan

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day P&C,

Had dinner last night at the lodge, and there's been a lot of question about the G5C premium synth. made from Japan, which has been very popular against the Germany type synth.

I've owned two 24/52mm fan knot G5C premium synth. brushes directly from AP Shave Co in Canada, has anybody own a bulb knot G5C premium synth. made from Japan.

The real question is which knot shape feels better, either a fan or bulb using a G5C premium synth. Problem is, I've never seen a G5C premium synth. in a bulb shape made from Japan.

Keep in mind, I'm not interested in G5A and G5B synth. because they're made from Germany.

@TroyTools do you supply a G5C premium synth. in a bulb shape? from 24mm to 28mm?

I only have the G5C fan knot and love it but doubt I could tell the difference between a bulb or fan once its loaded up with soap and face lathering

I only have the G5C fan knot and love it but doubt I could tell the difference between a bulb or fan once its loaded up with soap and face lathering
I would love to get a bulb knot and set it to 55mm loft, the 52mm loft in a 24mm fan knot is bloody perfect for face lathering, so the fan knot doesn't splay too wide and the backbone is perfect.

I haven't tried the Japanese knot, but personally I'd pay the extra to get the fan. For my style of lathering, fan knots far outshine the bulbs.

I have the G5C in a fan knot. I have never seen it in a bulb knot. The fibers are made in Japan, but the knot might be tied in China. I also have the G5A bulb with German fibers and I slightly prefer it...maybe. They are both good knots. I like the Mühle 25mm Silbertip Fiber knot better than either of them. Those three knots are in in my constant rotation and all are better than the Shavemac fiber knot (though this is not terrible by any means).

G'day P&C,

Had dinner last night at the lodge, and there's been a lot of question about the G5C premium synth. made from Japan, which has been very popular against the Germany type synth.

I've owned two 24/52mm fan knot G5C premium synth. brushes directly from AP Shave Co in Canada, has anybody own a bulb knot G5C premium synth. made from Japan.

The real question is which knot shape feels better, either a fan or bulb using a G5C premium synth. Problem is, I've never seen a G5C premium synth. in a bulb shape made from Japan.

Keep in mind, I'm not interested in G5A and G5B synth. because they're made from Germany.

@TroyTools do you supply a G5C premium synth. in a bulb shape? from 24mm to 28mm?

I don't have those knots @SpeedyPC

The only ones of these I've set have been customer supplied to me to put in their new custom handle.