Q: Why have I stopped collecting?

Here's another overpriced bit of tat.

Crappy old Ball-end Tech (user grade) in a tatty old Aristocrat box and they want USD$289 for it.

rsz_the-castle-file.jpg

The whole Kerrigan family are highly amused.

This one however appears to be worth the dosh in comparison. I am sure @Mark1966 is checking the credit card as we speak.

WOW - that last one has come down about 50% from its original asking price ...

For your consideration o_O

Last time I've seen such a device, it sold for about 50 quids. I never dared to buy those things because you never know if they edge of the blades are done for, since they weren't protected.

Great way to store all your blades @Monsta_AU. Just think, you could at least empty half that storage unit and hang them naked in that device.

Eugh!
The words Pjotr, Monsta and naked in virtually the same sentence.

Pass the mind bleach I've internetted enough for one day.

Those blades will be fine, dirt and dust yes but being Stainless there will be no rust unless then have had moisture on them.

The blades themselves are very good, I have 100 in a box here. Probably worth the money but I paid less per blade before postage on my 100. The AUD has dropped significantly since then also.

If you could get them for around the USD$1k mark delivered then it would be a good deal.

Last edited:
Those blades will be fine, dirt and dust yes but being Stainless there will be no rust unless then have had moisture on them.

The blades themselves are very good, I have 100 in a box here. Probably worth the money but I paid less per blade before postage on my 100. The AUD has dropped significantly since then also.

If you could get them for around the USD$1k mark delivered then it would be a good deal.
Sounds awfully like a challenge...

The most extravagant price I have seen for a case was around 350$USD, it was for a Red Dot case. You can get a cased Toggle for that price : /

The Red Dot cases are REALLY had to find but this is a little OTT!

Huh... I thought it was because you were on sabbatical!

Same is happening with straight razors. Earlier this year I was buying NOS and near NOS quality vintage for under $100. Similar are now listing for up to three times that. I did consider selling some off I decided to keep them in the end. They bring me joy, but I suppose a few less could do the same.

As with all things, prices will go up and down. Question is when the next down will be....

Last edited: