Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
A: because people are paying $162.50 FOR A CASE!

It is just a case people, a nice case, but just a case.

The razor is a mismatch, a cheap Rocket/Parat

Dear oh dear

You haven't stopped, you're waiting for the fools to buy the junk.

Cash it all in. Take the family to the Maldives for a month. Or three.
Just wait until 2016... [emoji16] Dollar might go up? [emoji11]

Nice thought but these buyers never seem to be around when I'm selling :(

Nice thought but these buyers never seem to be around when I'm selling :(
You could always try the high BIN on eBay.
I hear that KYW now has fees on their BST for all members (not just vendors).

Yep - about 1/2 that of eBay but still causing some blowback.

Lots of sales now in other sites and a noticeable slowdown there

Yep - about 1/2 that of eBay but still causing some blowback.

Lots of sales now in other sites and a noticeable slowdown there
It's a pity for sellers and buyers as it really was a great centralised location for BST. Now it fragments the market and it's harder to find what you are looking for. I think they shot themselves in the foot with this one. (But I'm sure they are happy now to get some revenue to maintain the site. Still, there are much better ways to monetise a website...)

I notice there's a lot more trade happening on Facebook. But IMO it's harder to search for what you're after.

Should see what they are increasing the hobbyist fee to

In answer to your question, either

A: There is nothing left to collect and you were simply buying slightly improved version of what you already have. Or

B: You have suddenly realised you have many many thousands of dollars worth of little bits of metal sitting in display cabinets simply being looked at. Cash in hand versus razors you will never use - decisions descions. Of course you could always put them in the next travelling box :)

Sadly big fora seem to be all about monetising these days. Watchuseek has been sold to a private company for much the same reason as far as I can tell - I've not bothered to go back since the sale.

Sadly big fora seem to be all about monetising these days. Watchuseek has been sold to a private company for much the same reason as far as I can tell - I've not bothered to go back since the sale.
So our days are numbered on this site?

Only if our respective girths are considered, not the number of users.

No surprises here.

It's understandable large sites need revenue, but many vendors stayed away from YKW, because the prices demanded were excessive, and tiered. How much does it really cost to run a large website? Feeling was they were fleecing people for big easy $$, especially when they had favoured vendors who seemed to be able to flout the rules.

I'll be your Harry Potter here. When you say You-Know-Who, I assume you are referring to 'Badger & Blade' ? The new BST look like a mini-Etsy & to be honest I don't like it, the old BST was friendly and you could comment on what was listed.