PIF - Shave-ready T.R. Cadman "Bengall" Straight Razor

I'm in.

If only to find out how good this diamond pasted edge can be. I don't know if any of my straights were actually 'shave ready' (probably not), since I was doing the honing myself. Always just did the easy bits of the face. The chin and under neck areas were all finished off with a safety razor. If I win, I can gift you an unhoned Bengall I picked up off ebay a while back, that I never got around to cleaning up and sharpening.

I took up Rbscebu's offer of the Bengall on a previous occasion and can vouch for the quality of the edge. I was keen to test out the edge from a pasted balsa strop and wasn't disappointed. It was also to test out my edges ( in comparison, to see how I was doing) and that was also enlightening, as my own edges from a 12k Shapton and Dovo Green and Black CrOx on a cheap Chinese strop was also doing ok.

Many thanks to Rbscebu for his services to the west shaving community.

cheers
Andrew

do you mean by my life ending with a false move? :)

I have an inbuilt overwhelming fear of straight razors, but if so many of you guys are doing using them there must be something more to it than I understand..
For hundreds of years, most men who shaved did so with a straight razor. That was when life expectancy was must lower than it is now. I wonder why 😁.

To give credit where credit is due. I now have permission to post the following:

This Bengall SR PIF is due to the generosity of @psillypsimon. He sent me a bunch of SRs to clean up and hone. In that bunch were a few Bengalls that he wasn't really interested in.

With @psillypsimon's permission, I cleaned the Bengalls up and honed them, to be PIFed here on P&C.

To give credit where credit is due. I now have permission to post the following:

This Bengall SR PIF is due to the generosity of @psillypsimon. He sent me a bunch of SRs to clean up and hone. In that bunch were a few Bengalls that he wasn't really interested in.

With @psillypsimon's permission, I cleaned the Bengalls up and honed them, to be PIFed here on P&C.
Nice, well done both of you (y)

If you can relax the joining date I would love to be part of this. A challenge for both of us 😂 can you teach an old shaver, and can a lifelong DE shaver learn to wet shave with a straight.
@Garry357, hang in there. There will soon (probably within the next couple of weeks) be another shave-ready SR PIF. It would not be fair to other new members if I now included them at such a late stage into this PIF.

I will send a PM with an alternative, if you just can't wait.

It took Levy a while to select the winner as she had difficulty reading the small font size on my monitor. After she increased the size, all was good.

And the winner is -

@thorpef1

Congratulations, I will PM you shortly.

Next shave-ready SR PIF should be posted in about a week's time.
Amazing. Great choice Levy

I am very excited to try a SR for the first time.

Well played @rbscebu. This thread and the prospect of exploring SR shaves inspired me to dig out my old heirloom bengal SR for a fiddle around at least. @Mastropiero has kindly offered to hone it for me, so giving that consideration now. If your objective was to reignite some interest in straight razor shaving— mission accomplished!