Perma-Sharp Supers: Try some today!

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
I'm doing this from my phone, so I will keep this brief. Loaded a PSS into the Fatboy this morning.

Incredibly sharp. Almost Feather level.

Red IP levels of Smoothness.

Went ATG. Most of you know what that means for me take that step.

Iridium-like blades. Highly recommended blades, I am going to get me a nice supply of these.

... I am going to get me a nice supply of these.

Hmmm, I wonder if there will be ANY left for the rest of the world then? :laugh: How many hundreds of thousands is a 'nice supply'?

Best price on these???????

Hmmm, I wonder if there will be ANY left for the rest of the world then? :laugh: How many hundreds of thousands is a 'nice supply'?
I don't need hundreds of thousands. Maybe 2K would be nice. That's still $400 though and I feel a few brushes calling me.

Best price on these???????
BestShave.net - $20 per 100. Orders over $75 get free worldwide shipping, so 400 blades for $80 to your door.

I paid less than this for many blades, especially the GBE's and the Dark Plats. Still, compare the Polsilvers (basically the opinion is they are a bee's dick of difference between them) go for nearly double that before postage, they are bargain-level blades.

Make sure you get the cardboard boxed blades, the plastic dispenser blades are Turkish manufacture and completely crap.

EDIT: 4th shave with the PermaSharp this morning. It has lost some smoothness but remains sharp enough. Did nick myself in two spots this morning, probably just inattention. Could get another two shaves out of it I would suspect if I was careful.

6th save this morning with the PSS and I must say that they are still more than sharp enough, but feeling a bit rough on the old noggin now. Still, I have had worse so I will keep going, albeit gingerly.

Not one iota of irritation with these, and I am getting really close yet comfortable shaves out of them. I have to say I am a big fan of them.

6th save this morning with the PSS and I must say that they are still more than sharp enough, but feeling a bit rough on the old noggin now. Still, I have had worse so I will keep going, albeit gingerly.

Not one iota of irritation with these, and I am getting really close yet comfortable shaves out of them. I have to say I am a big fan of them.

I get this from the Derby blades I am still using - Today is the big day to try Gillette Blue
(I do wish you guys would slow down in your try this this is great blade stuff - It doesn't give me time to catch up - I alsways seem to end up a couple of favourite blades behind).

Glen (the slow shaver)

Another shave down today, that makes 8 in total. Still mostly smooth and still more than sharp enough.

Waiting for my Tax Return to order up big of these babies. Pretty much ecstatic with the performance, experience, longevity and value of these.

Junked the PSS this morning, decided that 8 shaves is enough to be happy.

Went for a Treet Super Platinum (orange packaging) and found them to be noticeably worse than the 8-shave PSS. Sharpness was well and truly lacking, smoothness was down but gave a comfortable shave nonetheless.

Waiting for my tax return....:mad:

I'd like to try them, any chance you'd flick me a few?

Unless you're down to your last 3000 of them of course...

I've been surprsied by the Gillette Yellows - standouts. The Voks are better thna my last outing too, don't feel sharp on 1st pass, but get a lot better on susequent ones, and really forgiving. I'd be happy adding those two in, but would like to leave no stone unturned with the PSS.

Last edited:
Once I get them, I definitely will throw a few around. I will grab a 400-lot which gets free postage at Bestshave.

I rate these much higher than a Yellow - I find them harsh over a period of time, tends to give irritation in a long rotation or over a few blades back to back. I also don't find they give much smoothness either.

Make sure you get the cardboard boxed blades, the plastic dispenser blades are Turkish manufacture and completely crap.

How do you tell who is selling the Turkish ones - I assume the Russian's are sold at Best shave and shaving ie, although ie are very expensive.

Hey look Drubbing - they have a brush on special too. That must surely tip the scale for you....

Way too expensive for your average boar brush. Them's for professional shavers. That counts me out.

"Profesionel Shaving brushes no:1"

Yep, too profesionel for us lot.

Might look good for you mark though, you collect things you don't use after all? That brush looks the same as any other brush to the non wet shavers that would see you collection anyway?

Just joking, hope we can all have a dig at each other here.

<--- There's a Rolls, can't shave with it if my life depended on it yet, can't get it sharp enough. But one day, one day, I get to laugh at everyone buying a crap load of razors, AND everyone buying a crap load of blades as well.
Until then though, I still have to buy blades, so I can only pick on people buying a lot of razors (which was me once too)

BTW, not stoopid, I have 5 rolls, so i) I bought too many razors, ii) Have plenty of spare parts and blades, 5!

Last edited:
@pablo_h - would take more than that to get under my skin :laugh:

This isn't B&B you know, don't have to worry about those Yanks and their sensitivity!