October 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the haul my $50 voucher from Vshod got me! The brush is a Maggard 24mm synthetic and is the first non-supermarket brush I've owned, so I'm looking forward to using it. Samson was up to his usual generosity and included two free soaps and sent the styptic pencils free after I'd inquired about buying some.

Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass Razor Anchor Handle

LgOr50b.jpg

DSCosmetic mail call

D8 - (Gamechanger 68 clone) in titanium with the original titanium destroyer handle.
S9 - (Gamechanger 84 clone) in copper - head only. Note, DSC says the blade gap is .86mm.
30mm brush handle

2Sd6cHK.jpg

Definitely titanium. Equivalent stainless razor would be 90-110g.

kZmDjLQ.jpg

GPVdWuU.jpg

Afternoon delivery from Wetshaving Co. Some bits and bobs. Handle was for the DSCosmetic S9, but tbh, I like the Razorock Halo on it a lot better. I guess I'll keep it for something else. The 28mm Yaqi Beaux G4 was for the DSCosmetic brush handle (which was originally for the Oumo Coffee knot which I changed my mind about). Anyway, it's glued in now, waiting for it to cure.

The biggest surprise was the GD P-81. Picked up for $15, so I can get my order over the $45 needed to qualify for free shipping. The stabiliser has been modified, and I really dig the acrylic mother of pearl scales. Better than the wooden scale version from Aliexpress (that would have been $25 shipped). Now they say it was factory honed on a 8K. Don't know if that makes it 'shave ready', but this thing HHTs my leg hair, which I couldn't even do with my Dovo out of the box.

M5nsv17.jpg

RoVpqs3.jpg

Pick this up yesterday at a catering supply store. Previous to this, I never heard about the Naniwa multi-stone or that they produced some of these stones under license for (random Italian knife company). It's made in Vietnam, not Japan and is really soft. Lapped very quickly with my 320 lapping stone and produced a ton of slurry. $40, so obviously didn't think it was going to be Chosera level quality. Probably work a lot better than my cheap ebay stone though.

KS1gb0D.jpg

Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass Razor Anchor Handle

LgOr50b.jpg
And that's why Charcoal Goods has always been a must for me as Brian knows how to machine a beautiful razor with the Victorian handle the perfect companion...Happy Shaves @klinker :love:

Some random pickups at WCS's last sale (actually the water sprayer is from Amazon, same as the Neutrogena).

lToWJrc.jpg

I wasn't super keen on buying another zamak razor, but if these heads don't work out, I pretty much got a really nice SS handle for USD$40. WCS head set designed by Charcoal Goods.

4XyYLPo.jpg

And suggested from a thread on B&B. It feels nicer on the skin, but I can't say it's better than Nivea Sensitive. Yet.

EydQ2M2.jpg

A new Yaqi 24mm boar seems great value for money on initial impressions. Love the handle on this. Now to break it in over the next month.

I bought the same one a couple of weeks ago myself, it quickly became my favourite brush. I was surprised, for a boar knot, it didn't smell all that bad and what smell it had went pretty quick.

Jealous, i want an SS one as soon as they come back
I messaged Shane back in august and he said they’re working through some final COVID-related impacts on production and are expected to return late summer or fall. He also mentioned the Ti Blackland is scheduled to return first.

Jealous because I am literally miles away from mine, yet I cannot reach out and grab for it. :(

Enjoy.(y)
It’s a fantastic razor, you won’t be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.