You should have gotten that info from the account approval email. It tells you can can only post once you have posted here in the Welcome Mat and have some time under your belt.

I usually hand-approve all accounts too, so we rarely have anyone spamming here. It's happened literally 3 times over the years the forum has been running.

If he's anything like me, he may not have read that far. I only scan the email for a link I have to press to activiate my account, and rarely read anything else.

@EJ_DE98 If that hasn't given you enough privilege, 3 more posts will have to get you over the edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing magic. It's all automated.

Enough posts, someone to like your post, like someone's post, and then a time delay from first post.
Awwww... I always think of you as our very own Wizard of Oz working hard behind the great big P&C curtains... [IMG=shattered]

Awwww... I always think of you as our very own Wizard of Oz working hard behind the great big P&C curtains... [IMG=shattered]
Why, efficency and modesty are magical attributes when noticed and appreciated ;)

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. As a matter of fact it's the first forum that I have joined, been in fb groups for ages. My main interests are straight razor shaving, honing and restorations which is something I do on a daily basis. Looking forward to contributing with you all.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. As a matter of fact it's the first forum that I have joined, been in fb groups for ages. My main interests are Straight razors shaving, honing and restorations which is something I do on a daily basis. Looking forward to contributing with you all.
Hi Mark
Nice of you to sign up and join the motley crew here at P&C. FB groups are fast & furious with lots to take on board. You'll find that you'll get to dig a bit deeper by being here as it's more manageable. [emoji106]
It's great to have another str8 shooter here. Do you happen to be based in Sydney? [emoji6]
We'd love to see your restorations. Feel free to start a new thread when you can and post some piccies for us. Top stuff.

Hi Mark
Nice of you to sign up and join the motley crew here at P&C. FB groups are fast & furious with lots to take on board. You'll find that you'll get to dig a bit deeper by being here as it's more manageable. [emoji106]
It's great to have another str8 shooter here. Do you happen to be based in Sydney? [emoji6]
We'd love to see your restorations. Feel free to start a new thread when you can and post some piccies for us. Top stuff.

Thank you sir, I will be sure to share some photos, posts etc.. as soon as I work out my way around lol. I am based in Sydney, thank you all for the warm welcome.

Thank you sir, I will be sure to share some photos, posts etc.. as soon as I work out my way around lol. I am based in Sydney, thank you all for the warm welcome.
It takes a bit of getting used to after having a single "feed" to swallow. [emoji6]
You'll do alright and learn to feel right at home.

Welcome aboard mate...though I fear there are a few too many Marks on here (both in front and behind the curtain). Once you've passed @Monsta_AU 's rules then you can start negotiating the tougher, meaner sets of rules as laid down but unwritten by the likes of @Drubbing ....oh boy, as a relatively newbie myself the scars are still quite itchy. My beginner's tips to you are careful the G-word and use extreme caution if ever referring to use of Turkish tallows sticks (esp. those with a citrus urinal high note) as this will make you instant and simultaneous allies and enemies. So tread carefully but most of all have fun!

Welcome mate!

Can never be too many Marks ....

Welcome Mark!

If this is the Mark that I think it is then we have straight razor royalty in our little nook of the woods. Welcome @Mark . Your shave videos on YouTube are some of the finest.