New soap

karol.elec

Hi

I have a small credit to use in Beard and Blade.
What soap should I buy? Straight razor.
I can pick one or two👍🏻
Was thinking about
Barrister and Mann
Phoenix and Beau
Noble Otter
Muhle ( because of porcelain container but mixed reviews)

What should I pick? I have only tried MWF, Tabac, Arko, Derby, Cella, Propasso and SV.

@SpeedyPC has psychological problems that prevent him for straight razor shaving. He only knows what soaps work with "safety" razors.

bhtXJM3.jpg

Given that you have the credit at beard and blade I would probably go with B&M Seville or Noble Otter Barrbarr, Orbit, Neon Sun, Logbook or Monarch. From the ones I tested these are the ones I prefer the most but they are all pretty decent. I even enjoy the Bare (unscented) a lot myself.

Muhle isn't the worst but its definitely not up there with B&M and Noble Otter and since you are straight shaving its best to get a good slick soap. The last think you want on a straight or shavette is for your blade to skip. Obviously any soap is going to be terrible if you do not hydrate it but in my experience Muhle just does not measure up. I don't mind using it from time to time but I should also mention that it is much smaller than you would imagine so the dish isn't very useful outside of the small puck of soap you get from Muhle.

Basically I only stick to the Artisan soaps that doesn’t keep changing the base formula from time to time, because, I only buy the Artisan soaps that I don’t like the base formula or texture or too soft. I never used cream shaving soaps.

May I suggest a sample pack of 5 Stirling Soap Co soaps from Artisan Arcade in “fragrances” you like or “any” B&M either way can’t go wrong IMHO
I have to use my store credit at Beard and Blade so I will stick to the 4 I have mentioned.
B&M again👍🏻

Basically I only stick to the Artisan soaps that doesn’t keep changing the base formula from time to time, because, I only buy the Artisan soaps that I don’t like the base formula or texture or too soft. I never used cream shaving soaps.
Thanks for your reply👍🏻