New Player

That's because listening to you, or reading your posts inevitably ends up costing us money.

Dredd, you will find many subjects, like this one go off topic quite rapidly.

No problems here, it's funny to read. I guess you guys have been here for a while :)

I guess you guys have been here for a while

I'm under a year, Mong. is about the same, there are a few that ave been around longer. We really just take the piss at every opportunity and try to not be too serious, it is only shaving after all is said and done.

Unless there are vintage Schicks on offer then it is VERY serious and no more Mr Nice guy.

That's because listening to you, or reading your posts inevitably ends up costing us money.

Ummm, yes, the problem being?

BTW, back to the world famous Thomas Method shaving (Google and you shave see) it really is an advanced technique developed and refined by our very own GThomas.

Probably best left until you are a little more experienced it promises the smoothest most comfortable shave you have ever experienced AND you will invariably attract far more attention from the ladies and last but not least undoubtedly get a pay rise with continuous use, guaranteed*.

*Guarantee is only when the Thomas Method is used by a trained operator who has completed the full five day TM Course and the ten day Advanced TM course. No warranty is provided in relation to the timing of the attention and pay rise. Neither GThomas or GThomas and Associates will be liable for any consequential loss arising from the use of the Thomas Method.

Ummm, yes, the problem being?

BTW, back to the world famous Thomas Method shaving (Google and you shave see) it really is an advanced technique developed and refined by our very own GThomas.

Probably best left until you are a little more experienced it promises the smoothest most comfortable shave you have ever experienced AND you will invariably attract far more attention from the ladies and last but not least undoubtedly get a pay rise with continuous use, guaranteed*.

*Guarantee is only when the Thomas Method is used by a trained operator who has completed the full five day TM Course and the ten day Advanced TM course. No warranty is provided in relation to the timing of the attention and pay rise. Neither GThomas or GThomas and Associates will be liable for any consequential loss arising from the use of the Thomas Method.

Who else read through that guarantee in a low breathless voice? A la simpsons.

Well, everything arrived today :) Special thanks to JugV2. He sent me 2 x razors, 8 x packets of razors, little tubs of creams (moisturiser's i assume) and a cucumber witch hazel oil type thingy. Very generous, thanks again.
I also received my brush and shaving creams from Men's Biz (with a free sample of skin food).
Thinking i'll have a shave tonight when i get the kids to bed :)

They're all shaving creams mate. Enough to try some different ones out. I had a tube of Godrej to throw in too but as you can see packing was a bit tight.

At least you can try a few different things.

Enjoy your first real shave and remember, preparation is vital, wash your face and get the bristles soft, and go slow. You don't need to rush and you don't need to get super smooth results the first time out.

I could go on about beard mapping etc but I won't for now, just enjoy the experience.

I'd be keen to read a new thread about your adventures too if you feel so inclined.

Last edited:
I'd be keen to read a new thread about your adventures too if you feel so inclined.

Me too, it'd be a good read. Nice PIF Jug, very generous indeed!

Good luck with your first shave, Jason. Take care with your prep and you'll be right.

Me too, it'd be a good read. Nice PIF Jug, very generous indeed!

Good luck with your first shave, Jason. Take care with your prep and you'll be right.

2nded on the PIF.

Don't expect your first shave to be amazing, and smooth as the proverbial baby's bum. It may not even be as good as your last cart shave, but then you have had years to learn how to use a cart shaver.

Give yourself a few weeks and your technique in lathering, and shaving will get better and better..

G'Day Jason and welcome.

Great to see that you are being appropriately welcomed and well done on the PIF's, gentlepersons.

I use a cut-throat (actually many) myself and thoroughly enjoy it.

Take it slow and enjoy the experience

Hey Guys, still plugging away. I'm due to buy some shaving cream soon, just wondering what you guys are using at the moment? My favourite out of the D.R. Harris sample pack i bought would be the Arlington.

Thanks, Jason