Nettle n Neem Shaving Soap

Pbgoose

589CD590-439F-4AC9-AA5F-904013E7BBEA_zpshgz0kihi.jpg

Saturday mornings cook up. Puck No:3 Nettle n Neem Shaving soap.
Stearic, Shea Butter, Olive oil, Neem oil, Coconut oil, Tallow, Apricot Kernal oil, Glycerine, Calendula, Sodium lactate, Bentonite, ground Nettle.
Lavender and Cedarwood essential oils.
Probably should cut back on the amount of neem as the scent is a little overpowering. The overall scent is woody, neem, earthy and hopefully as it ages the lavender will stay as it lightens the scene.
Lathers nicely. I only used Potassium Hydroxide so I'm interested in what that does. The puck is harder than I expected and I've only used 100ml pots in the test batch so lathering isn't an option in the pot.
I'll give it a run tomorrow morning.
How about the colour? I guess an alternate name for the soap is Swamp Mud (to make a lather swamp monster?)

Cool looking soap!

Don't know about the neem oil, that scent makes me feel sick to the stomach! I put a few drops in my hair once and couldn't sleep the entire night haha...but its skin care effects can't be argued with.

Cool looking soap!

Don't know about the neem oil, that scent makes me feel sick to the stomach! I put a few drops in my hair once and couldn't sleep the entire night haha...but its skin care effects can't be argued with.
Yeah, I've done that before. It's very strong and should be mixed with a carrier oil or it can drive you nuts. I'm not sure yet whether I've overdone it in the soap. I was assuming the saponification would tone it down.:)