Need Art of Shaving Sandalwood tallow ingredient information

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day P&C

Need reliable information on the Art of Shaving Sandalwood tallow ingredient, I hope this ingredient below is correct.

My brother has found two pucks of NOS and he needs the correct tallow ingredient information.

Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin,
Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Natural Aroma, Lecithin, Petrolatum, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide.

Last edited:
Comparing that with the ingredients of my Valobra Czech & Speake...

Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Cocoate, Parfum, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera, Lecithin, Petrolatum, Zea Mays, Tocopheryl Acetate, CI 77891, CI 77492.

The new stuff has a much longer list:
Potassium Palmitate, Sodium Palmitate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Water (Aqua), Palm Kernel Acid, Fragrance, Lecithin, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Titanium Dioxide (CI77981), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI77491)

Incidentally, the new stuff lathered fine for me, it just didn't agree with my skin.

I'd say you've found the real thing. Go for it. I'm guessing you liked that sample... ;)

Last edited:
I'm guessing you liked that sample... ;)
giphy.gif

My brother received a photo all the way from Europe and the Art of Shaving Sandalwood showing the old packaging with the new ingredient, and it's NOT the tallow version.

Luckily my brother didn't pull the pin and wasted his money, claiming to be the NOS tallow version.

My brother received a photo all the way from Europe and the Art of Shaving Sandalwood showing the old packaging with the new ingredient, and it's NOT the tallow version.

Luckily my brother didn't pull the pin and wasted his money, claiming to be the NOS tallow version.
I had wondered if it was too good to be true. Real Valobra is now much harder to get than NOS Yardley.