Let's show off our Forgotten Art brushes!

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
Following up on a suggestion from @Wilkshire13 a little earlier today, now is as good a time as any to show off and celebrate some of the lovely work produced (until 12/2020) in Devonport, TAS by @Irish under the moniker of Forgotten Art.

Here's my very modest collection...
"Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard. I think this might have been one of the very last brushes he produced.
"Tarkine" 27mm Omega boar (knot kindly supplied by @Holiday. The original was a Tux.)
"Macchiato" 26mm (28?) Snow Leopard, a princely gift from @TroyTools. Most FA brushes come with a name from the maker, but I had to improvise with this one.
1.png

2.png

3.png

Last edited:
I feel embarrassed talking about what I'm using compared to what some of you guys have!

- Wahl Boar brush, came with my first ever DE shaving kit from Shaver shop, my toothbrush has a bigger knot. Rubbish

- Wahl Badger brush, Mrs paid a bit for this as the guy upsold her - Fantastic brush

- Omega Boar Brush, like using a broom. It's not that bad, not great though.

- 1092 Boar Brush - I still love this thing. It's my favourite, and for $30 it's a bargain.

- Some crappy synthetic brush, can't remember. She goes alright, but I prefer my dead Badger or Pig.

- Currently looking at a Vielong Horse Hair brush, I like that nothing has to die to make it.

Nothing wrong with a Yaqi brush, I own several as well. My Yaqi Viper with a boar knot is pretty much the most used of all the brushes I own.

Nothing wrong with them at all mate, they produce killer lather.. only difference between the Lansky hd and G5C (apart from the incredible handles produced by @TroyTools is the face feel.. they really do feel close to a badger when lathering but the lather is just as good

Might bring a yaqi out next shave

Nothing wrong with a Yaqi brush, I own several as well. My Yaqi Viper with a boar knot is pretty much the most used of all the brushes I own.
Apropos of nothing, that reminds me of a saying they have in Languedoc, South of France, which translates as "if a viper bites a man, the man dies. If a viper bites a woman, the viper dies."