Lather Shots

20230516-Paladin-Chief-Stirling-BR-Small-Sharp.jpg

Stirling + Paladin

WHAM, BAM & THANQ MAM, could not be any easier

1uIkho3.jpg

Brush:- Vulfix Old Original - 21mm Super Badger
Soap:- P.160 - Tippo Morbido

@alfredus looking at your perfect lather shot above I cannot help but think you could get 20 passes from that because I get 4 from this paltry load on a 21mm brush

WHAM, BAM & THANQ MAM, could not be any easier

1uIkho3.jpg

Brush:- Vulfix Old Original - 21mm Super Badger
Soap:- P.160 - Tippo Morbido

@alfredus looking at your perfect lather shot above I cannot help but think you could get 20 passes from that because I get 4 from this paltry load on a 21mm brush
I am currently on the road with little time and my lather today looked pretty much like yours...shave took around 5 min and the face is smooth...not the same enjoyment level though...

I am currently on the road with little time and my lather today looked pretty much like yours...shave took around 5 min and the face is smooth...not the same enjoyment level though...
if I recall correctly you are not a daily shaver either, so a lot of that extra lather would get absorbed on first pass by the extra bristles

My wife's new shaving soap recipe that she created for me over the weekend on a Forgotten Arts brush and badger knot which @CarbonEdge might just happen to recognise. It still needs 4 weeks to cure but I couldn't wait to try it out.

Its scent is a Le Male dupe, and it smells just like the real thing. It's also extremely slick with the butters and lard she included so this one is going to be a favourite.

My wife's new shaving soap recipe that she created for me over the weekend on a Forgotten Arts brush and badger knot which @CarbonEdge might just happen to recognise. It still needs 4 weeks to cure but I couldn't wait to try it out.

Its scent is a Le Male dupe, and it smells just like the real thing. It's also extremely slick with the butters and lard she included so this one is going to be a favourite.
Good score with that brush (y) :)

Enjoy mate!

IMG-20230818-134928752-HDR-Small.jpg

Stirling + Shavemac

Still no competition from the synthetic crowd - no brush lathers up like a proper badger and this Shavemac DO1 is a beast of a lather machine

The other brush I got from @Holiday last week (again many thanks for the very generous deal) has a spectacular Handle (thank you very much to @TroyTools for that beauty) and the G5C knot is fun - but no match for this knot...

IMG-20230818-134928752-HDR-Small.jpg

Stirling + Shavemac

Still no competition from the synthetic crowd - no brush lathers up like a proper badger and this Shavemac DO1 is a beast of a lather machine

The other brush I got from @Holiday last week (again many thanks for the very generous deal) has a spectacular Handle (thank you very much to @TroyTools for that beauty) and the G5C knot is fun - but no match for this knot...
Good to see such a lovely brush being appreciated and put to good use @alfredus.

I have a question in regard to loading heavily from the tub. The main thing that stops me from loading heavily in the tub is that I like my soap to dry out before storage and when lathering in the tub, especially with some of the very oily artisan soaps they become very moist and would have to leave them in the window sill for a week to dry. I have even noticed leaving the thin layer of lather residue can encourage mould and therefore tend to clean all residue and thoroughly dry before storing.

Do you have this problem?

Good to see such a lovely brush being appreciated and put to good use @alfredus.

I have a question in regard to loading heavily from the tub. The main thing that stops me from loading heavily in the tub is that I like my soap to dry out before storage and when lathering in the tub, especially with some of the very oily artisan soaps they become very moist and would have to leave them in the window sill for a week to dry. I have even noticed leaving the thin layer of lather residue can encourage mould and therefore tend to clean all residue and thoroughly dry before storing.

Do you have this problem?
Don't forget I live in the driest state on the driest continent...

I remove all lather from the soap with my finger, leave the soap to dry out over night at least (sometimes I leave it open for a couple of days) and then close the lid and move on to the next soap. Never had any issues...