July 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Wizamet Blades, are they not the same blade as Polsilver ?
Yes, they are the same blade made in the same factory in Russia and they’re making 10 blades per pack instead of 5 as the Polsilver, they’ve been remaking them into the new production blades in 10 instead of 5 blades. I’m not sure, if, they’re going to stop making the Polsilver 5 blade anymore because they’re becoming very popular and they’ve decided to keep making the Wizamet brand in 10 blades.

Here’s are the photo link below from @tim33z are full proof they’re made from the same factory in Russia

Last edited:
Yes, they are the same blade made in the same factory in Russia and they’re making 10 blades per pack instead of 5 as the Polsilver, they’ve been remaking them into the new product blades in 10 instead of 5 blades. I’m not sure, if, they’re going to stop making the Polsilver 5 blade anymore because they’re becoming very popular and they’ve decided to keep making the Wizamet brand in 10 blades.
Thanks for the clarification @SpeedyPC (y) They're on my top 5 list with Gillette Nacets, Silver Blues, Rubies and Personna Lab Blues. :love:

I’m gonna say Morocco. Pay with PayPal for protection regardless.
I had assumed so, so thanks and yes paid with Paypal to be safe! (y)

My 'dog travel bowl' arrived from AliExpress today (and I was notified that $22 for the broken ceramic bowl will be refunded) so I fished out the Col Conk Bay Rum that has been languishing for a while to have a trial lather. The knobs on the bottom of the bowl are quite pronounced so I just lathered gently over them so as not to damage the brush. I was amazed at how quickly and plentiful the lather came up. I normally soak my brush in hot water while I shower, but this was just a dip under the cold tap and squeeze to dry it out, then into it with cold water. Excellent! Can't wait to try out my 'good' soaps. BTW, I've now learnt these bowls are available from Artisan Arcade at a similar price and I'm sure MUCH faster delivery.

My 'dog travel bowl' arrived from AliExpress today (and I was notified that $22 for the broken ceramic bowl will be refunded) so I fished out the Col Conk Bay Rum that has been languishing for a while to have a trial lather. The knobs on the bottom of the bowl are quite pronounced so I just lathered gently over them so as not to damage the brush. I was amazed at how quickly and plentiful the lather came up. I normally soak my brush in hot water while I shower, but this was just a dip under the cold tap and squeeze to dry it out, then into it with cold water. Excellent! Can't wait to try out my 'good' soaps. BTW, I've now learnt these bowls are available from Artisan Arcade at a similar price and I'm sure MUCH faster delivery.
I might give mine a try this weekend with a travel brush as the lather bumps are quite pronounced. Glad you enjoyed it!

It’s about bloody time, mail called today after nearly 7 weeks of waiting for my order to arrive at my local parcel locker.

8-C36-DB79-5026-46-CA-B85-B-A9-EF8-F2-F9-F9-A.jpg

How do you find the scent mate?? I like it its so earthy it’s like shaving with dirt😂

How do you find the scent mate?? I like it its so earthy it’s like shaving with dirt😂
Not yet, very soon and I’ve got both soaps ready side by side with B&M Petrichor and WK Tempest to compare both scent.

If you like the smell of earthy and real dirt shaving soap, you’ll love this soap smells like dirty mud.
shaving-soap-dirt-fougre-artisan-shave-soap-seasonal-crown-king-formula-1_x700.jpg

Last edited:

My 'dog travel bowl' arrived from AliExpress today...
I was just about to fire off a reply to the effect that Artisan Arcade had these before I read to the end of your post. These damn things are so fucking good, I'd nominate the inventor for a sainthood. Along with the inventors of the self-drilling screw and the zip-tie...

Status
Not open for further replies.