Jojoba oil in lather

thatguy

I saw an incidental comment by someone either here or on B&B commenting that they'd started putting a few drops of jojoba oil in their lather bowl during lathering and felt it had improved the cushion and glide of the lather. I found some inexpensive jojoba on ebay and tried it this evening, and liked it! I'd be interested to see if anyone else has tried it before, if not - here's the jojoba I used: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/185408562283?var=693200745519 - comes with a neat little dropper lid, and at $12 for 100ml is an inexpensive potential improvement :)

I saw an incidental comment by someone either here or on B&B commenting that they'd started putting a few drops of jojoba oil in their lather bowl during lathering and felt it had improved the cushion and glide of the lather...

Perhaps this should belong in the Apothecary section? :unsure:

Either way, it's an interesting idea. What soap did you partner it with?

Oh, yeah I'd read they are made by Master Soap Creations - honestly, I haven't seen much difference in the lathering of any of the soaps I have (Barrister and Mann, Yaqi, Body Shop, Jack the Barber) all lather and give great slickness. There is a small variability in slickness, but I would say less than the difference caused by the user in lathering. Does it need it? No - they're all slick and comfy without it. Is it better with it? I think so - I'd be interested to hear other's opinions if you try it. I'm happy for the potential for a smoother, more comfortable shave :)

oh, and Yaqi's Lemon Lime, Cedarwood.... wow.... talk about a wake up call on a winter's morning!

ok, curiosity killed the cat - just lathered up some B&M Seville, then added three drops of jojoba and reworked it. There's a noticeable difference in pillowyness, glide and and cushion. Honestly, for $12 (delivered) it's absolutely worthwhile.

I wouldn't imagine there would be much in shave difference, maybe a slight increase in lubrication due to the oil, but the post-shave would be better, in theory, reducing irritation. But if it works for you then it works!

Lemon Lime Cedarwood was great scent, but just too much menthol to be enjoyable regularly and the splash even more so