Jack The Barber

This where it belongs, the worst shaving cream/soap ever.
Hmmm, polluting the waterways. ☹️ Probably safer putting it in landfill, where it leaches out more slowly. Or spread it on the branches of your fruit trees to deter possums. (That sometimes works.) Or if you have a woodburning stove, soap burns quite well, due to the fat content...

I found it way to soft, I added a little water and it went very sloppy without much cushion, my skin felt harsh and tender after using it. I'll stick to Stirling and Squadron soap. I suppose for $6.00 I cant expect much.

I had wondered if this was anything usable, we are a spoiled bunch though.
Is it better than the spray goo?

It's about the same quality, so far I consider Proraso the best of the cheaper soaps.
I haven’t used proraso in ages, I feel like the value of buying a tub vs say an arko stick just isn’t there

But using just proraso would be fine long term too

It’s a cream, not a soap. I scoop a small amount then bowl lather. I agree the sticks are great value. Years ago we only had the sticks available in the UK, these were the Palmolive.

I bought it long ago when I first seen the brand appear at woolies (local supermarket) but have not used it.
I can't imagine it being the best but also cannot imagine it being as bad as what is being said but as someone has already said it could have been a bad batch. I believe this product is made in china for those that are curious about that fact. I think they come in two scents Sandalwood and maybe Barbershop. I don't recall what I have and will have to look for it and give it a try some day. Maybe I can pair it up with my Yaqi products. I am due to sound in on the Yaqi Ultima and long overdue to compile my thoughts on the Romulus. (Sorry about that)

I feel the 2 in 1 Nivea that came in a bottle was the best supermarket stuff we had but I do not see that line around anymore. A local chemist sells sticks of Derby for a very decent price which was surprising and a welcome surprise. Every now and then when I go to an Italian continental store/deli they have tubs of Proraso Green for very good prices (I wanna say less that $7 a tub) and I would pick up a tub or two to encourage them to sell them and expand the range. I don't go often (maybe once or twice a year because its a bit out of my way but I would venture a guess that all of those are better than the "jack-the-Barber" brand.

At least all of these products aren't those crappy gels that brands like natio push. I've used that before and just did not see the point or the value behind such a product. It's probably best suited for travel but even then I would rather use a stick of Derby or any sort of shaving stick instead. To each their own but that's just my observations.

Rusty, I agree that it is a welcome sign when Woolies expands their range from the goop-in-a-can. My son and I have used Jack The Barber shaving cream3 for the last few years (tubs last forever) for straight shaving. It reminds me of my first shaving cream I bought from a hairdresser supplier in Rydalmere. It was Bardsly’s Australian made shaving cream (now gone bust) and had the same smell (as I recall) and consistency. For me, it is pure nostalgia when I use it, taking me back to day 1 of wet shaving. The cream is cheap and is made in China, but that does not affect its quality. I find it lathers well and provides a smooth and comfortable shave."

I actually found mine today and opened the box for the first time. It's a cream so adding too much water or trying to build a lather from the tub is a mistake. If it performs half as well as the Rockwell shaving cream then it should be perfectly fine. I noticed mine is Sandalwood scented. I will use it next shave with the Yaqi Ultima razor for the first time before I take it apart and take a few pics for some observations, thoughts and fixes on it.

I look forward to using it tomorrow and smelling the scent of it for the first time after @Straight up 's comments. I do enjoy Sandalwood so it should be a pleasant scent.

Hopefully it does not end up lathering trees or as a fire starter lol. If I don't like it I could probably use it to break-in and defunk some badger brushes.