Imgur issues

bernie01

Editing in Imgur is problematic lately, takes forever to load the photo after selecting 'edit' then after saving the picture it is still in the original size.
I'm not alone it seems, but haven't found a solution yet. Any suggestions for an alternative?

I edit offline but maybe postimage is worth a try?

I too would be keen on some recommendations on image posting. All from ios, all in a few clicks. No faff.

I use Imgur, for this forum, but I edit pics first on the PC with a little free program called Irfanview. I've used it on every PC and laptop since last century, very lightweight image handling program (not resource intensive regarding CPU or RAM). Simple editing, resizing, adding watermark etc etc. Works for me.

I choose the Album and set the Auto Resize before pasting into imgur then no need to edit

A6xiMHD.jpg

Thanks TroyTools and Holiday, combined your advice and seems good...

I use Imgur, for this forum, but I edit pics first on the PC with a little free program called Irfanview. I've used it on every PC and laptop since last century, very lightweight image handling program (not resource intensive regarding CPU or RAM). Simple editing, resizing, adding watermark etc etc. Works for me.
OMG irfanview is still around??? Indeed sweet memories from the last millennium 😁

I'm still using GIMP, also from the last millennium. But if all I need is a simple resize, I just let postimages handle it: they give you the option to select the size when you upload your picture.

I'm still using GIMP, also from the last millennium. But if all I need is a simple resize, I just let postimages handle it: they give you the option to select the size when you upload your picture.
Gimp is also my weapon of choice 😉

Gimp is on your computer yeah? What do you all do to post from your phone? Surely this is the default these days… not so much concerned with the edits, but more interested in the actual posting.

Gimp is on your computer yeah? What do you all do to post from your phone? Surely this is the default these days… not so much concerned with the edits, but more interested in the actual posting.
Postimages is still good - you can use pics in your gallery, or direct from camera, whatever floats your boat. Since I set my camera to save everything at max resolution by default, it's handy to be able to upload and resize on the fly.

Thanks. What is the recommended resize size for this forum?

PDLwNaYl.jpg
How’s this? I’ve opened an imgur account, used the app, copied the post link, and added an L to the end of the link to get the 640px sized version.

This was what I was going to post last night in the “dram of the day” section. Woodford Reserve Rye. It’s good gear.

For those interested, I found this tip on another forum. You can add a letter to the image link (before the .jpg) to get different sizes. The image above used an L.

Here is the list of all the modifiers for dimensions (not all are always available) :

s = 90× 90 = Small Square
b = 160× 160 = Big Square
t = 160× 160 = Small Thumbnail
m = 320× 320 = Medium Thumbnail
l = 640× 640 = Large Thumbnail
h = 1024×1024 = Huge Thumbnail

Any photo edits are probably best done on your phone before you upload to imgur.