Hi.

Wow, what a welcome. It is rare to see such an aggressive response to soap? I'll bite. What is better at a similar price point?

Wow!! what a welcome. It is rare to see such an aggressive response to soap. I'll bite. What is a better product at a similar price point.

NOOO!

Back away now, you will only encourage the haters ;)

Wow!! what a welcome. It is rare to see such an aggressive response to soap. I'll bite. What is a better product at a similar price point.
eyKF3xD.gif

NOOO!

Back away now, you will only encourage the haters ;)
Haters ARKO!! SWAT Police
giphy.gif

Ok I'll bite then - although maybe less aggressive than @SpeedyPC my love hate for A*#o is well known...so much so that I don't even dare to say/write the word 😂

A stick of A*#o can be had at one of our trusted vendors beardandblade.com.au for 5.99$ - 75g...I'd say conservatively you'd get 150 shaves out of it? So that's 4cents per shave

Similarly a tub of Mitchell's Wool Fat can be had at another one of our trusted vendors mensbiz.com.au for 19.99$ / 125g...if we say you'd get 250 shaves out of that's 8 cent per shave.

Yes twice as expensive but still the same ballpark (very little) - but I would say definitely way more than twice better...maybe give it a try?

Ok I'll bite then - although maybe less aggressive than @SpeedyPC my love hate for A*#o is well known...so much so that I don't even dare to say/write the word 😂

A stick of A*#o can be had at one of our trusted vendors beardandblade.com.au for 5.99$ - 75g...I'd say conservatively you'd get 150 shaves out of it? So that's 4cents per shave

Similarly a tub of Mitchell's Wool Fat can be had at another one of our trusted vendors mensbiz.com.au for 19.99$ / 125g...if we say you'd get 250 shaves out of that's 8 cent per shave.

Yes twice as expensive but still the same ballpark (very little) - but I would say definitely way more than twice better...maybe give it a try?

You are seriously recommending 'the Fat'?

So many people seem to have so much trouble with it, what happens if he spends $19.99 (plus postage?) and only gets five shaves before he gives up with it? ;)

You are seriously recommending 'the Fat'?

So many people seem to have so much trouble with it, what happens if he spends $19.99 (plus postage?) and only gets five shaves before he gives up with it? ;)

20$ free postage...only need to add a Tuck of blades or some alumn 😎

I'm @Gargravarr, The Body Shop Maca Root soap. Just as cheap without the Arko scent.

BTW, you miss read my post's intention. I'm not having a go at you, what you use is your choice and that's to be respected, I just made mention that it is a very polarising product on these forums as you have already found out.

Welcome @Ravenelli.

Not everyone here hates Arko - I have a decent cache of soaps, but reach for the Arko if I’ve working in the field. It is pretty much bulletproof - will produce great lather with even very hard water. I don’t find the scent offensive - comes across to me as a generic lemon cleaning cream/spray vibe.

Hi may name is Jeff. I am an occasional straight razor shaver and then double edged when i cant be bothered. I own a Thomas Turner & Co and a T.R Cadman & Sons Bengall my double razor is a Merkur Futur with matching brush. I use Arko soap. Although spending a fortune on stones i am terrible at honing and really need some guidance. Happy to chat

Welcome @Ravenelli

Looking forward to talk honing with you!:)

Incidentally @Ravenelli, if you're looking for bang for your buck in your soaps, you could do worse than hit up Cary Grant umm, I mean @Ozwhisker at Artisan Arcade, Australia's distributor of Stirling soaps. Stirling tubs come chock-full of soap and represent outstanding value. As, indeed do their samples, which are super-generous.

Hi may name is Jeff. I am an occasional straight razor shaver and then double edged when i cant be bothered. I own a Thomas Turner & Co and a T.R Cadman & Sons Bengall my double razor is a Merkur Futur with matching brush. I use Arko soap. Although spending a fortune on stones i am terrible at honing and really need some guidance. Happy to chat
Welcome @Ravenelli

Welcome @Ravenelli I shave with straights have too many hones and like both Arko and my favourite Derby. I'll make a tub of soap for my self at times as well.
If you want to talk honing PM me.
Steve.