Hi.

Ravenelli

Hi may name is Jeff. I am an occasional straight razor shaver and then double edged when i cant be bothered. I own a Thomas Turner & Co and a T.R Cadman & Sons Bengall my double razor is a Merkur Futur with matching brush. I use Arko soap. Although spending a fortune on stones i am terrible at honing and really need some guidance. Happy to chat

Welcome to P&C @Ravenelli - great to have you here (y)

What brush(es) do you use?

Welcome @Ravenelli

Arko, hmm, that's going to cause a bit of a stir on here. You will soon know what I'm talking about :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Merkur Futur (y)
SduwtyA.jpg

Welcome aboard @Ravenelli, and I'm sure one or more of our str8 users will be happy to help with hundreds of handy honing hints. (Sorry to be such an alliterative animal.)

Welcome @Ravenelli !

Congratulations on being man enough to admit to ARKO! use and ignore the detractors, they are just jealous.

Cannot help you with straights but there are some who will.

I’m not jealous of Arko…. I’m just peeing.

krFtqsz.jpg

'cause I know you like vegan solutions -

15.jpg

Now take some and stop posting here ;)

Welcome @Ravenelli
What is your current honing progression?
Lots of different opinions and preferences but most would agree it starts with setting the bevel, and if the bevel already set then just refining/sharpening and polishing the edge.
I learnt a lot from sharpening knives (even though reversed direction) because they are less precise and you get to understand the process especially how the burr reacts
Good luck with it and enjoy!