Hi from Melbourne

When there is a lot of tugging and it sounds like a knife scraping off the burnt bit of toast, your skin gets inflamed and flaky in patches and you can't remember the last time you loaded your razor - it's time to accept the cost and swap it out.

Omg
Welcome @Ginge - great to have you on board but even better to hear that you are enjoying shaving!

Ignore @borked and his obscure reference to redundancy, I have a bit of gear as you can see here but most in these parts are more sensible.

The Merkur 38C was were I started too - a great razor and the Astra Sp and Personna Reds are nice blades.

Some good and generous blokes around these parts so dive in and make yourself at home
just saw the amount of gear you have I would say that it's gone from a passion to an obsession

Omg

just saw the amount of gear you have I would say that it's gone from a passion to an obsession

Yeah, I don't charge ANYTHING to be the guy you point out to your wife/girlfriend and say - at least I'm not as bad as him ...

Aye and to think atm I'd be happy buying a HG Scuttle and a Divinci Uomo 290 as next purchases
I must say a wonderful collection of gear you have brought back memories of the first razor my dad gave me 40 years ago then those horrible bic disposables came out and it was a quick easy shave for a young bloke always in a rush

I just saw on FB that shaver heaven now has released samplers of there creams looks like another few to try
Yep. @Anthony listens to feedback. So if you have any comments about Shaver Heaven or want info about a scent, then ask @Anthony and he'll help you out. Top bloke and top performing soaps!

Yeah I just purchased 2 of them now only have to wait another 23 days till I get back home
Where are you now? Sounds far away...

I go to sea I'm in Bass Strait atm we build and service the rigs at sea
Tough gig? Sounds like you'd have seen some rough weather in Bass Strait. Nothing freaks me out more than large stretches of water...

Except being stuck in them!

Welcome to the forums @Ginge .

A great source of info, from very like-minded individuals.

Watch for the group-buys, in that section of the forum. There are some bargains to be had on great additions to your kit.

Welcome @Ginge, you will find the people on this forum very welcoming. I started on this forum with one razor, two brushes and about 2 sopas. I know have 2 razors, five brushes and enough soap to last three lifetimes of shaving:). It is a great place.

You forgot the blades @SydBJW, or have you been lucky to escape the lure of multiple (especially vintage) varieties thus far?

Probably not now as the prices have risen considerably but a few of us think they are much better and longer lasting than current production blades.

@eggbert I have so far escaped the vintage blades, are they worth it?
http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/december-2014-acquisitions.1315/page-5#post-29233
In one word, YES!

To elaborate, they're superior in every single aspect when you exclude availability and possibly price.
If you gain them at a price around that of Feathers, you will in all likeliness end up with something sharper, smoother and lasts longer, as to which I theorise, is due to superior steel used, at a cheaper price per unit due to the longer life of the blade.
An example, I've used only one Wilinson Sword "The Blade - Light Brigade".
It lasted me a month!
If you had used five Polsilver SI's for example in that month, that's $1.15usd if you buy 100 at the cheapest current price.

Last edited: