Hi all from North East Victoria

Hi all,
I've been wet shaving for about 2 years now, and taken a few turns down the rabbit hole.
I started with a Merkur 34c, Omega Pro 49, and a tub of Cella.
I now restore and hone vintage straight razors for a hobby, and occasionally modify a GD. I'm working on gathering a small collection of custom straight razors for personal use, and have a few DE razors that I use on occasions.

Some of my current favourites.
http://i.imgur.com/b4X7erl.jpg

Welcome to the insanity.
Nice collection btw.
Hope your stay is long and fruitful.

@filobiblic that straigh 2nd left with white handle is the one I mentioned earlier that is on sale with the Rooney brushes :)
Nice, isn't it ? :)

Hello to you and welcome to the group!

Thats a nice collection of straight razors that you have got there.

Hi @HereForTheEdge and welcome. That is a great collection you have. Having spent so many years visiting my grandparents in Wangarratta you live in a great part of the world.

It feels like such a long wait to be able to post in other area's. I keep seeing things I would like to comment on, but am unable to :(
I can only advise to read the email you got when signing up, following it's advise, sharing the love and participating, and before you know it, you will be spamming like the best of us :D

Welcome to the insanity.
Nice collection btw.
Hope your stay is long and fruitful.
It's about to double :)
I have a Filarmonica 14 and another Dubl Duck on the way, I also have a Custom from ShaveSmith and another from TheScottishRazorCo that should be arriving in the next few weeks. Looking forward to sharing some restoration pictures of the Dubl Duck, and some reviews of the others :)

jlM9aL1.png

Welcome mate! Always great to welcome a str8 shooter and to ogle their collection. Just makes us all envious...

I'm keen for a Filarmonica, but would go for the famously coloured scales along with a fine Spanish blade.

Have you seen the locally Aussie made razors by djrazors.com?

With all the beautiful wood we have here you'd expect some darn fine scales around...

I haven't checked out djrazors.com yet I will add it to my list though. I have been eyeing off a boxer razor though, another Aussie maker.

These are my favourite wood scales I have made so far coolabah burl
vY8PzMJ.jpg
Nice, very nice! You seem to have some talents worth sharing with us. [emoji6]

Keep the Aussie artisans coming! Love it. [emoji106] Thanks for the heads up. It'll be great to have you post a new thread with this seller. It make a good resource for those searching.