Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Kinda random but I found a 69-71 Parker 51 fountain pen complete with box, perfect condition and in dove grey.

Pretty freaking great pen :)

Gargravarr

... would like a banner or two
Kinda random but I found a 69-71 Parker 51 fountain pen complete with box, perfect condition and in dove grey.

Pretty freaking great pen :)
Well found. Those are getting quite rare now, especially in NOS state like yours. I went through most of my school years with a hand-me-down P51 in teal blue with a broad stub nib. Back in those days, we were all required to write with a "proper" pen.

I actually prefer a fully exposed "traditional" nib, but the P51 has to be one of the best writers ever made.

What's the nib in yours?

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
Well found. Those are getting quite rare now, especially in NOS state like yours. I went through most of my school years with a hand-me-down P51 in teal blue with a broad stub nib. Back in those days, we were all required to write with a "proper" pen.

I actually prefer a fully exposed "traditional" nib, but the P51 has to be one of the best writers ever made.

What's the nib in yours?
This one had a fine which for me made my writing look woeful (yep blame the pen)
Somewhere I have a twsbi eco 1.1 stub which is a joy to write with and cheap comparatively.

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
What’s Aberlour 18yr old smell and taste like???
will tell your when I get to try it! On special at Nicks and with a good recommendation from a friend.

@Mark1966 whiskey tasting at yours then?
sure - but will have to be via Zoom to maintain social distancing. I will drink and you can watch? 🤣

How devastating! Being Scottish born, I’m fully qualified to offer assistance.
Can you get to Canberra by Sunday night?