Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (Russian)

Thanks mate.

Personally, I think blade life is moot if the blade is great. They're the cheapest things we buy. Well, when we buy in lots of less than 2000 that is...

Even so, you'd feel a bit dudded if you didn't get at least 3 shaves from any blade. Anything over that is a bonus.

I tend not to bother running blades blunt, but I know I can get 4 or more from a Red if I bother, and at least that from the Yellows. I wasn't sure how long my swap turnaround would take, so just kept going with the 3 I had left, and 4 shaves was no problem. Got pretty rust stained but didn't affect performance.

Haven't even picked up a weeper with these things yet.

hmmmm, now you're talking me into trying a Yellow again once my current Rapira SS is done...Been quite a while since i used a Yellow.

Ordered some PermaSharps about three weeks ago and still waiting :(

When were they dispatched Spyne? I usually get my BestShave stuff exactly 2 weeks after dispatch. That happened to be the 1st, so Friday should be the day. Maybe even Thursday.

Sept-23 = Received item from customer
Sept-23 = Send item to domestic location (Otb)

And that's the only information available using the tracking number given.

Yeah, the tracking numbers are useless until after you already have the package in your hands. Glad you have it now, might get mine in the next day or two.

Maybe he sends it a lower class of postage when you qualify for the over $75 free postage. Previously my orders have been here exactly 2 weeks from date of order, it's uncanny.

Make sure you load up ASAP and let us know how you find them.

If it's just regular airmail, they don't track like a courier does - only at "interface" points... some postal systems stop tracking at their borders too (Royal Mail for example stop tracking at "HANDED TO OVERSEAS POSTAL SERVICE FOR DELIVERY") but others like USPS, HKPost and I think Turkish Post extract the data from the remote postal service and present it on their website - although you may need to navigate in an unfamiliar language to get to the right set of options to display it...

Anyway - 3 weeks to Oz sounds ok - my last Turkish package took 18 days to get to the UK (actually it took 3 to get to the backlog of inbound international (non-EU) post and 14 days in Customs)

Loaded one of these in the Rocket last night. Sharp! Definitely the sharpest blade I have used so far. Where I got the angle and pressure spot on I was BBS after WTG and XTG passes including my upper lip. Smooth! The PSS has it covered here but it leaves Astra SP, Derby in the dust. Probably the same smoothness as a red pack personna or just a smidge less.

Rougher on my neck than the PSS and not so close but I'll admit at 11.20pm last night I didn't bring my A-game to the bathroom. I will be interested to see how it goes over the next few shaves. I'll match it up with the Cella next and see how it likes the Italian over the British soap.

Cheers again for the PiF Drubbing! World's best blade? I'm not sure but it warrants more investigation as a good one for sure.

Cheers again for the PiF Drubbing! World's best blade? I'm not sure but it warrants more investigation as a good one for sure.

No worries. I'd agree with your initial impression. Very smooth, plenty sharp. I can get a near BBS with 2 passes, but need a third ATG with any blade to get it insanely smooth. No sharp ones will let me do it with comfort. Yellows are sharp and smooth enough that I could get away with ATG every day, but that takes it's toll on my face, after a few days it feels a bit beat up. Good enough to know I can get it when I want it. But with Astras, I'd add irritation and nicks to the situation.

I think I ran to 5 days with one Yellow before I realised I hadn't changed it - feel and performance was unaffected. For me, they don't feel rough at 4-5 days, but they *sound* more rough and make more noise. So I'm trying to remember to change up at 3.

Longevity is interesting but it's not a major concern for me. As long as I can get three shaves out of a blade I'm happy enough as that is a week more or less shaving every second day. Besides there are too many new blades to try for this Noob to want to get two weeks out of a blade!!

I'm becoming a fan of some buffing on the XTG pass/touch up in lieu of a third pass ATG. Seems easier on the face during the week and yields a similar if not as long lasting result. I tend to save the ATG for the weekend shaves now.

I'm over Astra SP for now. I think I'm going to have a small PiF of blades that nobody wants up soon :wacko:

Switched over to a yellow for the last 2 days after a big hiatus on them. Have to say I agree they are a nice blade. It was a nice smooth comfortable shave. Will try it in the devil that is the muhle r41. Still not having any luck with that razor.

Switched over to a yellow for the last 2 days after a big hiatus on them. Have to say I agree they are a nice blade. It was a nice smooth comfortable shave. Will try it in the devil that is the muhle r41. Still not having any luck with that razor.

I find the R41 needs a slightly shallower angle - make the handle more perpendicular to your face. Yellows work really well in a R41, for me anyway.

Finished the pack of these Drubs generously gave to me.

I think my final verdict is too similar to Astra SP to be a winner for me. It's smoother than the Astra on the first couple of shave but then seems to drop off rapidly. My neck doesn't care for using it for more than one blade in a row.

Great sharpness and the second shave is very, very good. If you have success with and like the astra SP this should be right in your "wheelhouse" as a step up in the same direction.