• Looks cool, but not for me

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wilkshire13

The Torch Whisperer
Looks like Ds Cosmetics has another clone, this time a RazorockHawk V3

Enter the Legend SE Razor Head $69.74 (plus taxes) delivered to Australia

I think it looks alright and I kind of want one, but I will wait until some people get their hands on one first for some feedback.

The specs are [allegedly]:

Name: DS-Legend SE safety razor head
Cap: Smooth
Surface: Polished
Blade Gap: 0.68mm
Weight: 31g
Blade Exposure: About 0~~0.2 mm (I say roughly because of blade width variances) -PB20 about 0.02mm PS20 about 0.2mm
Material: 316L Stainless Steel, Copper, Titanium
Processing technology: CNC

fxjAfoI.png

Interesting, it looks a bit more compact than the Hawk or the Claymore, which is promising. I'm not buying anything this year, but maybe in 2024 depending on its reception. :unsure:

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it. The only thing that puts me off at this stage is the scalloped bar, which is one thing about the Claymore that I've realised I'm not so keen on.

I'll make a review and compare it to the Claymore Evolution that you loaned me. The scalloped bar is alright for me on other razor's, but we'll see how this one goes!

I don't really have any complaint about scalloped bars, I've just arrived at a conclusion that they add a (very small) level of unnecessary friction to the shave. Nothing to worry about, but I'll be thinking carefully before I buy any more like this. Likewise, I won't be buying any more OC razors. I'm a daily shaver, so I simply don't need an OC.

Can't remember if your Claymore was polished or bead blasted, but I'd be curious if the polished version would be a bit nicer as the polishing may soften the milled grooves slightly

It's bead blasted, and I'm quite happy with the finish. I'm not much into shiny bling stuff. But as I said, the effect of the grooves is small, it's just a niggling feeling that the razor would be better without them. :unsure:

So my DS Cosmetics Legend SE head arrived finally (admittedly a few weeks ago now..) and after a few shaves with it, I can honestly say I love it, so much so that I sold off my Razorock Hawk V3.

Definitely a more aggressive shave than the Hawk V3 Standard plate with a proline. Larger blade gap/exposure but still smooth and comfortable with better efficiency.

It feels better than the Claymore Evolution during the shave and has less irritation afterward, but man does it look good on the Claymore handle (Thanks @Holiday!)

Glad it worked out as expected @Wilkshire13. Did you ever have the opportunity to shave with Hawk OC and if so, how does it compare?

Honestly, my favorite handle to use and look at, very happy with how it paired with the Legend.

I liked the Hawk OC, felt a bit like the standard, but was too much razor for regular use unless I had a week's worth of growth to mow down. The Legend slots between the two, but is more usable (for me) than either plate. Never tried the Hawk A plate but that was said to be more aggressive than the OC

Definitely a more aggressive shave than the Hawk V3 Standard plate with a proline.
The Razorock Hawk V3 turned up yesterday and I tried it last night. It's definitely a mild razor. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet as I do prefer a more aggressive feel. I tried one of the blades you gave me in the box so I don't know what they were.

I'll give it a few more tries before I make up my mind.

Ahhh you went with the Chinese No Names, they were PIFs and I don't like them but Gargravar does, so figured you could give them a crack. Definitely give it a try with a few different blades before passing judgment, as I had the same reaction with the boxed blades but it was a different razor with other blades.

Schick Proline is the go-to for the Hawk, but if that's too mild, try the Feather Professional, as they are sharper again and you will feel it pretty quickly. If that doesn't do it, try and get a Feather Pro Super blade off someone. The Feathers are known to be the most aggressive of the AC blades.

Ahhh you went with the Chinese No Names, they were PIFs and I don't like them but Gargravar does, so figured you could give them a crack. Definitely give it a try with a few different blades before passing judgment, as I had the same reaction with the boxed blades but it was a different razor with other blades.

Schick Proline is the go-to for the Hawk, but if that's too mild, try the Feather Professional, as they are sharper again and you will feel it pretty quickly. If that doesn't do it, try and get a Feather Pro Super blade off someone. The Feathers are known to be the most aggressive of the AC blades.

The funny thing is, I was going to use the Schick Prolines first but couldn't get the ziplock bag to open with damp fingers, so I gave up and opened a box. :ROFLMAO:

I'll try it again tonight.

The funny thing is, I was going to use the Schick Prolines first but couldn't get the ziplock bag to open with damp fingers, so I gave up and opened a box. :ROFLMAO:

I'll try it again tonight.
That's my fault, sorry, the cheapest ziplock bags around. To be fair, the boxed blades are alright in an AC Shavette, but just horrible in the Hawk.