COD Ghosts - anyone else loading up?

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
It's started - BF4 is now in pre-load mode and people will be starting to play soon.

There is just a week left before Call Of Duty gets it's annual re-skin, midnight release on the 5th... hopefully the game unlocks around 10pm (midnight NZDT).

I have Ghosts and the Digital Hardened pack, just waiting for the pre-load to open.

Who else is getting ready?

I have only just gotten back into games of any form, so I won't be joining you just yet. In fact I am having to find a happy level between old games that my microserver or netbook are able to play and ones which aren't too old.

I have been playing one of the games that was on a humble bundle a while ago quite a bit - FTL. It's so simple a concept, but I am still finding it hard to get to even get to the "big boss" ship. I have recently unlocked a couple of ships that I am hoping to help me out in this regard.

I have also just picked up Half Life and Half Life 2 eventually during the summer sale, and have just started playing HL2 using a xbox 360 controller. While I realise it will make the game harder in the end, my current setup is such that the "usual" mouse/keyboard way for playing pc games doesn't work. This drastically limits the games I can play.

I didn't even finish Black Ops, that's how behind I am with COD.

BF is the only series I play online, been hammering BF3 and BF:BC2 Vietnam lately.

I'm purchasing BF4 tonight or tomorrow, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Mostly due to recently trading my xbox 360 in for a PS3 and playing Last of Us.

I have only just gotten back into games of any form, so I won't be joining you just yet. In fact I am having to find a happy level between old games that my microserver or netbook are able to play and ones which aren't too old.
Hahahah, yes you would have to contend with some fairly decent scores. This was the other night:

916EB3D26EC90E7DF1385CB2883D383B4ECF8F13

I didn't even finish Black Ops, that's how behind I am with COD.

BF is the only series I play online, been hammering BF3 and BF:BC2 Vietnam lately.

I started on BF2, never went to BC and the changes were just too much for me to get to grips with in BF3. I migrated to COD4 about 6 months after release and have stayed with COD ever since as it suits my playing style.

I'm purchasing BF4 tonight or tomorrow, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Mostly due to recently trading my xbox 360 in for a PS3 and playing Last of Us.

It's a 24Gb download, so will take most people about a day to grab. Ghosts is asking for 40GB free space which is getting kind of scary.

Man they are getting massive now for games.

Obviously on disc you are looking at Blu Ray from now on, but on PC not everyone has a blu ray reader - I don't. I only bought a sata dvd rw as an afterthought, I didn't even want an optical drive originally.

Hardly use my cup holder.

But lets say you get five top shelf games a year - not unreasonable on PC.

If it is 25GB each game that's 100GB for gaming, just for install. That's nuts!

28.4GB download!

1441490_10152343190404848_1151254794_n.jpg

It's all finished now, just awaiting unlock.

Man I was so disappointed with Cod. I had artifacting and jagged edges from the get go. The story was disappointing too.
I'm starting to see that in the cod universe a good story is as likely as a good pron storyline.
The story made little to no sense to me. I've been a supporter of cod since day 1 but this... They jumped the shark.

I'm not sure about the SP story as I don't play it... but the MP is as buggy as hell although a patch the other day made it better.

Got to Lvl31 on my 'Parent' but I had the kids over the weekend, plus checking security on the VM has kept me busy and I have not have enough game time. Hope to fix that this week.