Cella Red Tub (now with Glycerin?)

LesC

Mmh, I just got a new 150ml tub (Red) of Cella shave soap and noticed on the ingredients list the addition of Glycerin between Potassium Carbonate and (Sweet Almond) Oil.
Yet nothing on their website? Anyone else notice or know?

I've read that the Cella Green has been tallow-free for a while, and that people are pretty happy with it. And there's no reason why they shouldn't. If you boil up veg or animal fats with NaOH or KaOH, you'll end up with a broadly similar range of residues. There's also an argument that tallow can (unless carefully treated) introduce unwanted "off" smells, which might be another deciding factor.

Edit: I've just realised that doesn't really answer the question. Does the new version still contain tallow? If yes, the glycerol may have been introduced for its moisturising properties.

I've read that the Cella Green has been tallow-free for a while, and that people are pretty happy with it. And there's no reason why they shouldn't. If you boil up veg or animal fats with NaOH or KaOH, you'll end up with a broadly similar range of residues. There's also an argument that tallow can (unless carefully treated) introduce unwanted "off" smells, which might be another deciding factor.

Edit: I've just realised that doesn't really answer the question. Does the new version still contain tallow? If yes, the glycerol may have been introduced for its moisturising properties.
Hi, yes Bovine (Tallow) is the 2nd ingredient listed

New formula, from tub received today from England
ezLu5Ll.jpeg