Badger Delight

gthomas04

...was Drubbing's first. AKA Captain Tightarse
Recently I acquired a badger brush (only a small travel one) it has its own little plastic sleeve and I have found it a wonder to behold. Take it out of the sleeve, run it under a little warm water and it absolutely mushrooms - a site to behold. Apart from this I am finding it very good to use. Much preferable to the initial mens biz brush I got in my starter kit and a lot better than the synthetic brush I got with the Burts Bees stuff. If this is what a little badger will do I shudder to think the impact a "drooling boar" would have.

Glen (I love my little badger brush) Thomas

If it's the Omega Travel brush you're referring to it actually has a fair sized knot (22mm with a 50mm loft) so it'll behave like most medium sized badgers in that regard. The drooling boar or any boar for that matter is a different beast altogether.

If it's the Omega Travel brush you're referring to it actually has a fair sized knot (22mm with a 50mm loft) so it'll behave like most medium sized badgers in that regard. The drooling boar or any boar for that matter is a different beast altogether.

It is indeed that one Pjotr and I thank you for putting it in my way.

I really liked the hair type (pure badger) but it was just a tad too big for me. I found that it behaves just like the more desired and higher graded badger hair such as silvertip and best but it's just a bit more scritchy. I like that and if it wasn't for it's size.... The higher grades are (as Drubbing describes it) ghost like in how they feel (or not feel in this case) on your face. You'll find as you start looking at other brushes that there's no consensus amongst manufacturers what hair is what. One man's best is another's finest is another's two band is another's silvertip etc etc. Simpson's best is my favourite amongst badger hairs. I'll use any old boar because I honestly don't think there's any difference between one manufacturer or the next. Even if they're clipped it eventually splits and softens up. One of my favourite brushes is a mix of boar and pure badger. Most would consider that scritchville central.

By the way I'm glad it's found a good home. It's too good to be sitting in the back of a drawer somewhere.

Last edited:
I really liked the hair type (pure badger) but it was just a tad too big for me. I found that it behaves just like the more desired and higher graded badger hair such as silvertip and best but it's just a bit more scritchy. I like that and if it wasn't for it's size.... The higher grades are (as Drubbing describes it) ghost like in how they feel (or not feel in this case) on your face. You'll find as you start looking at other brushes that there's no consensus amongst manufacturers what hair is what. One man's best is another's finest is another's two band is another's silvertip etc etc. Simpson's best is my favourite amongst badger hairs. I'll use any old boar because I honestly don't think there's any difference between one manufacturer or the next. Even if they're clipped it eventually splits and softens up. One of my favourite brushes is a mix of boar and pure badger. Most would consider that scritchville central.

By the way I'm glad it's found a good home. It's too good to be sitting in the back of a drawer somewhere.

It has indeed my friend - and one day when I get wealthy (or the Mrs retires and we collect her super), I will get myself a Boar and see whats what. In the meantime I love the Omega badger.