AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Nope AusFarce for me. Two deliveries still circling the Sorting Centre buoys. ...one been at Sunshine VIC for two days now and the one coming from QLD to CBR..."THROUGH" THE SAME FUCKING PLACE 2 DAYS LATER....HOW FUCKING BIG IS THIS CHULLORA SITE?

Poor bugger :(

OK, Ausfarce for me!

Posted some brushes to @Sxot - this is how the perfect condition New Forest arrived -

I'm calling that one stuffed brush :censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad:

It was a nice brush too - it didn't deserve to die.

OK, Ausfarce for me!

Posted some brushes to @Sxot - this is how the perfect condition New Forest arrived -

I'm calling that one stuffed brush :censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad::censored::cry:(n):mad:

It was a nice brush too - it didn't deserve to die.
[emoji33] NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yes ....

Sadly
They must have thrown that parcel against a wall or two... You pack very well with lots of padding.
What a terrible waste!

Nooooooooooooooo
t2338.gif
t2338.gif
t2338.gif

That is so sad. There would need to be significant dedication to cause that much damage. I would guess hours of training on small well packed objects is required?

There were two other brushes in the package - I THINK that they survived OK ...

AusFarce for me as well, package sent to me from Melbourne to me in Geelong... Tracking number currently shows it in Adelaide.

There were two other brushes in the package - I THINK that they survived OK ...
Maybe not thrown against a wall... Perhaps just a cricket bat?

@Nightguard don't make me laugh. Auspost is not going to give @Mark1966 any explanation otherwise you might wind up having a war with Auspost, all they can do is say sorry IF they can replace the damage brush. My brother works for Australia Post and he said most likely Auspost may not replace the damage brush all they can do is issue an apologies to @Mark1966 and it won't happen again end of story.

AusFarce for me as well, package sent to me from Melbourne to me in Geelong... Tracking number currently shows it in Adelaide.

A route from Melbourne to Geelong favoured by some MPs as well I presume ...

Seriously - what gives with this!

Looks like it was used as someone's lunch seat!
Hold them accountable and do NOT back down.
They failed to honour their contractual obligations.

Trouble is they operate under an all care and no responsibility principle.... or more accurately, some care and no responsibility. Auspost suck balls... no doubt about it and that was my firm opinion before them screwing up my brush! They are slow, and unreliable in my experience.

With other couriers you sign upon receipt saying the package was received in good, undamaged condition. So, if you sign before you open and check, you've got no legs to stand on. I always say thanks and make the delivery driver wait while I open it and inspect, THEN sign. I am certain Auspost don't give any warranty of delivery unless you pay for registered (full tracking and insurance). This package was not insured so they'll say "Sorry, so sad".

Last edited:
What a waste - so sorry to see this...

What a waste - so sorry to see this...

Yep - you and me both.

The handle might be able to be epoxied, but will look crap. Almost wondering if the knot is worth trying to recover?

Trouble is they operate under an all care and no responsibility principle.... or more accurately, some care and no responsibility. Auspost suck balls... no doubt about it and that was my firm opinion before them screwing up my brush! They are slow, and unreliable in my experience.

With other couriers you sign upon receipt saying the package was received in good, undamaged condition. So, if you sign before you open and check, you've got no legs to stand on. I always say thanks and make the delivery driver wait while I open it and inspect, THEN sign. I am certain Auspost don't give any warranty of delivery unless you pay for registered (full tracking and insurance). This package was not insured so they'll say "Sorry, so sad".
They have a legal onus to deliver upon the purchase of their service.
A part of that is safe delivery of the item/s.
They've failed to do so.
I also believe there's $100 basic coverage if you buy them enough.
Also, Postal Industry Ombudsman is worth contacting.

Usually it's defined in law as a "reasonable duty of care" - regardless of how it was packed, it should be quite hard to smash a brush like that in the normal course of delivering it from point A to point B and you should reasonably expect that a durable item doesn't get smashed.

Good luck raging against the machine!

New story from this end of the ball: I had a parcel from Germany sent via regular parcel post (in Germany DeutschePost & DHL are one and the same). Tracked it across Germany using the DHL reference. It duly arrived in the UK where it was handed to ParcelFarce...

It arrives at ParcelFarce's international parcel centre (which they boast can process mail from inbound to outbound in 18 minutes) for the customs checks (inside the EU, free trade should be easy... - except customs can take up to 8 weeks!). 18mins±8weeks now there's an interesting tolerance for timing... No tracking within the mail centre so you don't know if your parcel is in up to 8 week limbo. Luckily this time mine passed through within a day...

So, now, I can still track using the DHL number on DHL and also now on ParcelFarce. ParcelFarce also give it a "shadow" tracking number (different format) so I am now tracking it in two places under 3 references... Then I remember ParcelFarce hand over parcels to the letter postie here (RoyalMail) so I start tracking in a 4th location.

The day of delivery arrives and at 1101 and I sign for it on the trendy little PDA thing that's connected back to base at the delivery office (2G mobile phone signal permitting). Delivered by my RoyalMail postlady, Sheila (she is really called that, I'm not taking the p... for this audience). Ping goes my phone. DHL/DP - parcel delivered.

1521 Ping goes my phone. ParcelFarce have delivered it (with DHL number).
1632 Ping goes my phone. ParcelFarce have delivered it again (shadow number).

This was Saturday.

RoyalMail who actually delivered it, took the signature as POD and provided it to DHL within seconds... Still showing as undelivered. It's now late on Tuesday afternoon...