AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Spent one hour on the phone for this one today, 20 minutes to progress to the front of the queue, and then 40 minutes of waiting to be disconnected. Back on the line to be 10th in the queue! 😭
I think that those two delivered entries would firstly be to the Alexandria depot and then to the Chullora depot as that's what happens after it's picked up from customs. I would suspect that it's probably only 3 - 4 days away.

I think that those two delivered entries would firstly be to the Alexandria depot and then to the Chullora depot as that's what happens after it's picked up from customs. I would suspect that it's probably only 3 - 4 days away.
Please, don't talk about Chullora... I can't stand Chullora
D7gbq40.gif

Spent one hour on the phone for this one today, 20 minutes to progress to the front of the queue, and then 40 minutes of waiting to be disconnected. Back on the line to be 10th in the queue! 😭

:mad:

Like dogs can smell fear, Austpost can smell impatience. The faster you want it, the slower they go.
Nope, they just slow everything as much as they feel they can get away with. When an express-posted package takes as long to arrive as cattle-class mail did in the middle of the lockdown, they're out of excuses as far as I'm concerned. :mad:

KXNmgaXl.jpg

How many f!@#ing facilities do Austpost have in Sydney?
Austpost doesn't care, it's all about the driver's safety.... please drive slowly to the next facilities and please pass to the next driver to the next facilities.... etc etc etc etc and so on.

Dear P&C

Please remember to respect our drivers so we can deliver your package safely, and IF, you have a guard dog? please lock'em up in your house or garage until you're package arrived safely without harming our Austpost employee

Kindly Regard
Austpost CEO

Austpost doesn't care, it's all about the driver's safety.... please drive slowly to the next facilities and please pass to the next driver to the next facilities.... etc etc etc etc and so on.

Dear P&C

Please remember to respect our drivers so we can deliver your package safely, and IF, you have a guard dog? please lock'em up in your house or garage until you're package arrived safely without harming our Austpost employee

Kindly Regard
Austpost CEO

Then they'll send you an email asking "How did we do?".

I always reply back, "You did what I paid you to do, but it wasn't worth the price I paid".

Following extracted from ABC News app 1st March 2023:
Australia Post's weekday letter-delivery obligations are "no longer financially sustainable" and need to be reviewed, according to a new consultation paper released as part of a federal government review of the postal service.

Key points:​

• Australia Post is expected to run at a loss this year for the first time since 2015
  • The government has flagged changes to the rules it operates under to keep it financially sustainable
  • At the moment it is obliged to deliver letters to 98 per cent of Australian homes every weekday.
The government has launched a sweeping review of Australia Post's business model with an eye to scaling back its deeply unprofitable letter delivery service to prioritise its fast-growing parcel service instead. Australia Post is entirely government-owned but also entirely self-funded, and works under strict obligations to provide near-universal letter deliveries to Australian homes five days a week and operate post offices close to homes.
END QUOTE

Doesn't appear there will be any positive change then huh?

Following extracted from ABC News app 1st March 2023:
Australia Post's weekday letter-delivery obligations are "no longer financially sustainable" and need to be reviewed, according to a new consultation paper released as part of a federal government review of the postal service.

Key points:​

• Australia Post is expected to run at a loss this year for the first time since 2015
  • The government has flagged changes to the rules it operates under to keep it financially sustainable
  • At the moment it is obliged to deliver letters to 98 per cent of Australian homes every weekday.
The government has launched a sweeping review of Australia Post's business model with an eye to scaling back its deeply unprofitable letter delivery service to prioritise its fast-growing parcel service instead. Australia Post is entirely government-owned but also entirely self-funded, and works under strict obligations to provide near-universal letter deliveries to Australian homes five days a week and operate post offices close to homes.
END QUOTE

Doesn't appear there will be any positive change then huh?
giphy.gif

The writing's been on the wall for years in respect to declining letter deliveries and increasing parcels. They didn't adapt quick enough so now their customers are going to pay for it. I don't care if letter deliveries are reduced to once a week but I'd be annoyed if parcel deliveries are deduced to the same.

They'll do what QANTAS did, sack as many people as possible then claim their financial strategies lead to millions in profit and the CEO will get a 5-10 million dollar bonus.

...Doesn't appear there will be any positive change then huh?
On the positive side, how many actual letters do you write? I don't need more than one hand to count those that I've written (by hand, with a fountain pen) in the last 5 years. The only letters I get are from the likes of governments, banks and insurance, who could just as easily email me. In fact, I prefer them to do so. I especially hate those glossy brochures that some companies insist on sending (not forgetting that it's usually at my expense one way or another). They're not even any good for lighting the fire.

While AusPost is cutting letter deliveries, they could also quit stuffing my mailbox with junk mail. That would be a real improvement to the quality of their service.

I'd like to see a policy whereby any envelope that is not addressed by hand is automatically shredded and used for pig bedding. That would allow welcome mail like birthday/Xmas cards or love letters (ahahahaha) to arrive unmolested, and leave my mailbox vacant to accommodate my parcels.

While AusPost is cutting letter deliveries, they could also quit stuffing my mailbox with junk mail. That would be a real improvement to the quality of their service.

That is really pi**ing me off as well. I don't see the need for a government owned company to deliver junk mail.

The amount of pamphlets trying to sell me solar panels when all they have to do is look up and realise there is no more space on my roof due to the 26 panels I have there already is getting ridiculous.

Unfortunately it is the "unaddressed mail" (junk) that is helping delay the inevitable for mail delivery. Auspost does get paid to deliver the junk mail, whose companies are probably spending more on postage than all of the Australian population. I'm certain everyone gets more junk mail than personally addressed mail in their letterbox. The transition to being a parcel delivery company really started ramping up a few years ago when previously small suburban "bike only" Mail Delivery Centres started transitioning bike posties to delivery van drivers within that same small depot. Something that was historically the "van contractor's" domain. Add in the 3 wheel electric trikes they are using now as well, you can easily see how the company is trying desperately to stay relevant and viable in the face of an archaic and outdated stamp/letter communications logistic system dying right out from under them. At least they had the foresight to diversify their business model well before it was too late to save the company. Plenty before them around the world didn't. Imagine paying private companies to move our parcels without their main competitor keeping prices low for us all.:unsure: