Astra Blades (Green vs Blue)

Ybbor

nuhaguda.jpg

Now as the members of this forum know... I am a really big fan of the Astra blades. I have been using the Green blades for quite some time now. For me they give an amazing balance of sharp and smooth and just seem to keep cutting shave after shave. I have pushed one of these blades up to a month...

Firstly who would like Astra blades.... people that enjoy Feathers. Polsilv and perma sharps That's who....

So what's the difference between the Green and the Blue blades???

Cost: Similar
Sharpness: The Blue seem to be a little bit sharper on my face, a little less drag.
Smoothness: Very Similar, however the blue may but just a little smoother for the early shaves
Lifespan: Here is a big difference. The Blues I can only push to a week (7), whereas the Greens can go to 2-3 weeks to start to drag in the same way.

My verdict: If you tend to lean towards the feather over the Astra then try the Blue's, however if you prefer steer clear of the feathers and the Green Astra's then the Blue is most likely not the blade for you.....

Just my humble opinion, Hair, skin, technique and razor different for all folk.

Last edited:
I couldn't pick a thing between them, Greens felt maybe a bit sharper, I might have imagined it. Both only lasted 3 shaves or so.

That's how it is with blades.

Never seem the Blues. Only the Greens in the wild.