Your Vintage Or Modern Razor Blade Collection

One sharp look at a 3ked knife would draw blood. Eep

I think my Jap whetstone is 1k / 4k.

Sharpened a couple of cheapies this morning and surprised myself how quickly they get sharp.

I found that after using a really sharp kitchen knife I really like sharp knives!!!

Oh yeah you do. But taking your average knife down to 4k is ridiculous unless you're a kitchen knife tragic. I've only got one knife I do that with. A left handed single beveled carbon steel Jap knife. You can teach a monkey how to sharpen it and it gets insanely sharp. It's only really good for cutting really fine stuff close to your fingers and it scares the shit out of me. Don't really use it a lot unless I need to trim my right hand finger nails and people don't mind crunchy stuff in their meal.

Oh yeah you do. But taking your average knife down to 4k is ridiculous unless you're a kitchen knife tragic. I've only got one knife I do that with. A left handed single beveled carbon steel Jap knife. You can teach a monkey how to sharpen it and it gets insanely sharp. It's only really good for cutting really fine stuff close to your fingers and it scares the shit out of me. Don't really use it a lot unless I need to trim my right hand finger nails and people don't mind crunchy stuff in their meal.
Sounds awesome!!!!

It's an amazing knife and being left handed there's satisfaction in having something righthanders find hard to use. Bit of pay back for a lifetime of of living in a right handed world.

Seems a little sinister to me ...

When they're this good, you only need one :)

View attachment 725
This has some merit.
We eschew the three, four, five blade cartridge systems and say that we only need one blade which has two edges.
Then someone is saying nay, you only need one edge to shave with.
So 5<4<3<2<1 blade/edge.

Next the No Edge Blade. You'll hardly even notice you're shaving with it!

This has some merit.
We eschew the three, four, five blade cartridge systems and say that we only need one blade which has two edges.
Then someone is saying nay, you only need one edge to shave with.
So 5<4<3<2<1 blade/edge.

Next the No Edge Blade. You'll hardly even notice you're shaving with it!
*shudders* NO Veet for me!
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2QP56S5P2DEGA

Ok I love the look of a straight razor to.But do any of you have any DE blades you collect or use (favorite) ?
I don't have much of a collection, more a working set of blades.
Personna Supers (Lab Blues)
Feathers
Voshkods
Rapiras
Israeli Personnas
Assorted boxes of blades to try/use up
(I've got 200 of some special blades coming soon but must wait another month...)

I to use feather blades now and then but I find them a bit pricey have you tried Astra super platinum ? (Russia)
Very similar to feather blades shave wise but halve the price
I also use
Super speed stainless (India)
Wilkinson sword (Slovakia)
Bic platinum (France)
Viking stainless (same people that make wilkinson I think?)
As will as the odd vintage DE blade
It great hear what your using
Mate.

I've tried the Astras. Solid and reliable. But I do prefer their other Russian cousin Voskhod after trying them. I'm going to load up a Polsilver tomorrow so we'll see how she goes...

Wilkinson sword (Slovakia)
Viking stainless (same people that make wilkinson I think?)

Wilkinsons made (or packaged?) in Slovakia? Vikings? Wouldn't surprise me. Yet another pair of Wilkinson Sword repackaging guises. Changing their name to Vikings is a first for me. Viking Vilkies...has a certain ring to it.