Watcha Watching?

Nanook

"Abandon all money, ye who enter here."
I just finished watching Daisy Jones and the Six on Amazon Prime Video last night. It's about a fictitious rock band in the 70's and I highly recommended if you have Prime. I just bought the book it was based on to give that a go as I enjoyed it so much.

Another on Prime is the Jack Ryan series. I've read the books and seen all the movies however the 3 season series, in my opinion blows them away.

* Succession, season 4. Like a car crash, can't look away.
* Ted Lasso, season 3. Charm is wearing off, but hoping for a solid finish.
I've heard good things about Succession. I might have to have a look at that one. I know it's been around for a while but I've never thrown in on the watch list.

Andor on Disney+ is a good watch as well. It's based on the Star Wars story but this one's for grown ups. There's no cutesy characters or story lines for kids in this one.

Succession is a most excellent show, I can't wait for the last season to be streamed.

We're watching Prime's Hunters, which I like quite a lot. Loosely based on real facts, mainly the Nazis hunt carried out by the Mossad in the 70's.

This comes after having breezed through Netflix's fourt season of You, which made us very happy for two reasons: it gave the main character an interesting twist (a fourth season of him being... Errr... Him again would've been rather unimaginative), and it was shot in London. Not only that, but two of the main locations were streets we would walk every day, going to college, back in our student days living there. You cannot imagine how badly I miss that place, particularly during these rather challenging days, so it was quite lovely to see a TV show being shot in places that are do very familiar to us.

...Not only that, but two of the main locations were streets we would walk every day, going to college, back in our student days living there. You cannot imagine how badly I miss that place, particularly during these rather challenging days...
I miss South Kensington too, but I remember times were pretty challenging then, but in different ways. Thatcher's Britain was a hard time in the early 80s, but it was good for bringing people together in those pre-internet days. Different times, I guess, I have a feeling many people might be getting more isolated now.

Watching Mindhunter on Netflix.

It's about catching a criminal often requires the authorities to get inside the villain's mind to figure out how he thinks. That's the job of FBI agents Holden Ford and Bill Tench. They attempt to understand and catch serial killers by studying their damaged psyches. Along the way, the agents pioneer the development of modern serial-killer profiling.

Watching Mindhunter on Netflix.

It's about catching a criminal often requires the authorities to get inside the villain's mind to figure out how he thinks. That's the job of FBI agents Holden Ford and Bill Tench. They attempt to understand and catch serial killers by studying their damaged psyches. Along the way, the agents pioneer the development of modern serial-killer profiling.

That is one BRILLIANT show, proof that slow paced movies/shows, asnlong as they are well written, can be just as entertaining as your regular Tony Scott summer flick.

Last edited:
At the moment, I'm re-watching White Collar. Light stuff, but a great script, a sort of retake on the idea of To Catch a Thief. Another American series I thoroughly recommend is Life, starring Damian Lewis. That has possibly the most brilliant script I've encountered in any US show this century.

At the moment, I'm re-watching White Collar. Light stuff, but a great script, a sort of retake on the idea of To Catch a Thief. Another American series I thoroughly recommend is Life, starring Damian Lewis. That has possibly the most brilliant script I've encountered in any US show this century.
Oh, we used to LOVE White Collar!!!

I started Succession yesterday. It took about 2 episodes to really get into it as there seems to be several plots playing out but I'm enjoying it so far.

If you liked the first few seasons of "Walking Dead" then "The Last of Us" on Netflix is another post-apocalyptic zombie drama television series but different enough to be interesting.

Mr Mercedes on Amazon, its based on a Stephen King trilogy so a bit gruesome and weird in places but has some brilliant actors and they manage to pull off the story even when it gets too fictional

If you liked the first few seasons of "Walking Dead" then "The Last of Us" on Netflix is another post-apocalyptic zombie drama television series but different enough to be interesting.

Mr Mercedes on Amazon, its based on a Stephen King trilogy so a bit gruesome and weird in places but has some brilliant actors and they manage to pull off the story even when it gets too fictional
Unfortunately The walking dead went for 20 more seasons than it really needed to (that's what it felt like 😁) Although I watched it to the end, I'd pretty much switched off around the 5th season mark.

The last of us is brilliant and is well worth watching. I've played the games it was based off so I'm hoping the series departs a little as I already know what happens.

My wife got me into Mr Mercedes which I also really enjoyed.

I really enjoyed "The Witcher", "Bosch" and "Hanna" on Prime, but apart from that, at the moment I seem to have trouble getting into anything. I start watching and then get bored after an episode or two. I might have to try "The last of us" as I haven't checked it out yet.

Really enjoyed this. If you are old enought to remember Columbo, The Rockford Files, etc., then this will trigger plenty of memories. Still manages to find it's own way, despite the throwbacks. And Natasha Lyon is great, as always.

I really enjoyed "The Witcher", "Bosch" and "Hanna" on Prime, but apart from that, at the moment I seem to have trouble getting into anything. I start watching and then get bored after an episode or two. I might have to try "The last of us" as I haven't checked it out yet.
The Wicher was really good. Unfortunately for my wife, Henry Cavill is not doing season four, Liam Hemsworth is doing it. Season 3 is due to be aired this year.

I watched Idris Elba in The Beast last night. It's a terrible movie. It's about a lion in Africa out for revenge after poachers killed his pride. I think he is a pretty good actor so I don't know what made him do this one. It's not a movie you'd want on your CV.

pretty much watch this every night

Board_Surround-6_ecda1f48-75ad-4e5b-ac64-df1d0235c7da_2000x.jpg