Troy Tools Custom Brush Handles

Dressing gown?? I thought it was a lilac nightie😂

Like this -

2S0CeZ4l.png

Last edited:
De5Ki9hl.jpg

After speaking to Troy yesterday, this one will be on it's way to me shortly. At 30mm, it's way bigger than I normally use but I was gifted a 30mm knot by the previous owner of The Wet Shave Co. so I wanted to put it to use.
Wowzers! :eek: That's one breathtaking handle so great score @Nanook. Amazing work @TroyTools (y)

beautiful looking handle @Nanook what hair type knot your putting in it?

TBH I'm not sure what knot I was given but I think it might be an Oumo G5. Dave at The Wet Shaving Co. sent me a few different knots before he sold the business and didn't tell me what they were. This one had Oumo on the box so that's about all I know of it.

TBH I'm not sure what knot I was given but I think it might be an Oumo G5. Dave at The Wet Shaving Co. sent me a few different knots before he sold the business and didn't tell me what they were. This one had Oumo on the box so that's about all I know of it.
A 30mm G5 is going to be a real soap muncher. :LOL: I don't know how Oumo goes with the fabled glue bump issues that @alfredus has mentioned a few times in the context of G5 knots, but in a 30mm size, I'm pretty sure that's not going to be an issue. It'll be a champion latherer. (y)

A 30mm G5 is going to be a real soap muncher. :LOL: I don't know how Oumo goes with the fabled glue bump issues that @alfredus has mentioned a few times in the context of G5 knots, but in a 30mm size, I'm pretty sure that's not going to be an issue. It'll be a champion latherer. (y)
I own a 28mm Oumo G5 and its quickly become a favourite as the size is great with plenty of density to match my best performing badger knots and no glue bump issues...

I own a 28mm Oumo G5 and its quickly become a favourite as the size is great with plenty of density to match my best performing badger knots and no glue bump issues...
Maybe the glue bump issues were just a feature of the early Chinese G5 knots. I've never had any issues with any of the three AP Shave Co G5 series, and most reports of the Oumo and Lansky knots are perfectly favourable.

Maybe the glue bump issues were just a feature of the early Chinese G5 knots. I've never had any issues with any of the three AP Shave Co G5 series, and most reports of the Oumo and Lansky knots are perfectly favourable.

I have an oumo g5 with a massive bump that makes it stiff and unusable.. but the lansky is one of my favourite brushes

Another big green handle, with subtle turquoise highlights. Takes a 28mm knot (or potentially a 30 mm knot, depending on the fit).
Pictured here with a 30mm Silvertip.
Please excuse the dust speckles on the handle, impossible to photograph in the direct sun without them showing up.

xpJ2v4e.jpg

EfxMmDZ.jpg

F1cf1hx.jpg
Amazing finish with plenty of sparkle! Also really like the shape as its sure to fit nicely in hand for bowl/face lathering... (y)

Troy,

You dontstill happen to have this handle do you?

I do mate.(y)

Any chance you can put it aside for me a couple of days and I'll contact you next next week?

Not that it matters, but is it just a handle or has it a knot fitted as I've got a 26mm knot that hopefully will fit if it's just the handle.