Travel synthetic fibre

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
Well now that Mark has gone round the world in 80 days I see he took with him a Muhle STF2 travel brush.

How did this go @Mark1966 ? From both a travel and usage point of view?

I'm interested in my next brush being synthetic they get very good reviews. Any one else use synths for travel please share!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Muhle STF2 travel brush is fantastic!

I previously had the badger version which was fine but took a little longer to dry.

With the STF2 I can use it in the morning and dry it out pretty well before packing almost straight away.

In use it is soft but still with good backbone.

A definitely highly recommended brush for travelling!

The handle looks quiet long compared to normal brushes, does it feel different to use?

The handle looks quiet long compared to normal brushes, does it feel different to use?

Not that I particularly recall

I used the Aesop STF2 (which I may have mentioned on here once maybe) when I was on the road - you know during the Time of the Mutiny.
Perfect brush for travel. Dries fast without compromising performance, so much so it has become my favourite brush - yep above my badgers and boars...so far - as I have my first silvertip badger on its way). You won't regret it once you get to know it. Looking forward to seeing how the Plisson (come on Xmas!) compares.

Has anyone ever ordered from simpsons online? They don't appear very forthcoming with order status information. Don't know if this is the norm.

Has anyone ever ordered from simpsons online? They don't appear very forthcoming with order status information. Don't know if this is the norm.

@Mark Watterson is your guy but is isn't online here all the time. Generally it's fine - you buy, they send, it turns up.

Yeah ordered the synth yesterday grrrr
That's the problem around here... Any sort of disorder can be floating around just waiting to infect you. Too bad you got the BAD one! [emoji13]

The classic 1 in synth? Good one Ybbor I'm looking forward to it. You might be able to knock up a better review than me, my only prior experience with brushes being the omega travel brush

It will be my 4th synth. I have PIFed 1 and stored 2. See how we go. I don't rate boar and have PIFed them, but I do love my badgers :)

Wonder if there is a referral commission with Simpsons :p

It will be my 4th synth. I have PIFed 1 and stored 2. See how we go. I don't rate boar and have PIFed them, but I do love my badgers :)
What other Synthetics do you have @Ybbor and how do you rate each of them? You must like them a lot to push out the pigs in your life (snob! [emoji14]).

Body shop, phillison from loc and had a mule ages ago. For me... Badgers are so much better. Just feel better. But wait and see for this one.

Body shop, phillison from loc and had a mule ages ago. For me... Badgers are so much better. Just feel better. But wait and see for this one.
I also have a few synths. They are just easy to get and cheaper than badger. I admit that the varieties and range of badgers get me a little lost. I have some idea of what I like/want in a badger. But I don't want to pay $50-150 for a brush I won't like or use.

@Ybbor what do you find in the badgers that is lacking in the synthetics ?

Have two, not sure if they're 1st-2nd-3rd generation material. I use them in my rotation; but.... They just don't feel 'real'. When I travel I just take a Bestshave Horse. They dry in 24 hours and no real loss if they go missing.