Tip: use dish sponge to collect spent lather

sd_baker

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I saw a video where the shaver kept a moistened dish sponge and wiped the blade as he went. I like this much better than rinsing w/ running water in the sink.

1. It's cleaner and faster.
2. No risk of nicking the edge on hard surfaces.
3. Avoid water getting into hard to clean parts of the razor.
3. Avoid excess water running down the cheeks.

Give it a try, see if you like it. At the end, the sponge is easy to rinse off and I wipe down the razor with a damp cloth and dry as usual.

Have used a sponge (the same sponge) for a decade, wipe off soap, rinse and rest on my bowl ready for next round,
never bothered to wet the sponge first, see no need. Don’t wet my blade with anything but the soap until finished

Palm of left hand and every 2 or three swipes palm strop using some of the lather
I let it build up until becomes a nuisance and rinse off, scrape with spine of blade
It also allows me to inspect the lather to see whiskers that have been cut off. I'm strange like that.
Love inspecting bristle in spent lather

Two sheets of toilet paper work for me. After each stroke I wipe the blade on the paper. When done I roll it up and bin it. Keeps the blade dry and whiskers out of the drain.

You obviously don't believe in supporting plumbers 😒.

giphy.gif

Good tip. I used a towel but was worried about the edge of the razor wiping it. Sponge would be more forgiving. I will now use a sponge.
I use a sponge that you would wash a car with (cut in half) and let it float in the sink on my hot water. Then just gently wipe the blade as needed.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I saw a video where the shaver kept a moistened dish sponge and wiped the blade as he went. I like this much better than rinsing w/ running water in the sink.

1. It's cleaner and faster.
2. No risk of nicking the edge on hard surfaces.
3. Avoid water getting into hard to clean parts of the razor.
3. Avoid excess water running down the cheeks.

Give it a try, see if you like it. At the end, the sponge is easy to rinse off and I wipe down the razor with a damp cloth and dry as usual.
The dry sponge is the best have used it over10 years since starting straights, best advice to anyone, no water, catches lather easy