The Shavette (dovo)

Ybbor

Recently I found myself wondering if a Shavette could be my travel straight razor.
So I went and purchased the stainless steel version and popped a feather DE blade into it.
I am very very pleased with how it handled. It's not as smooth as a straight in terms of catching an edge, but I found it gave me an excellent crisp shave.

This option is worth a try for those thinking about venturing into straight razors. After a year of using the straight I think if you don't master the Shavette then the straight is going to end up in a box somewhere.

Very true but imagine one shavette one soap one brush and a bunch of blades. I am horrified at what I have spent playing around with different soap/brush/hone/straight/Safey/shavette/blade/strop/paste combinations!

If you try the Feather AC and the Proguard blade you'll wonder why you ever started the Straights. At least for me, it would have been a lot less expensive.

I quite like the shavette! I am out of practice now but I found it very easy to use and it had a surprisingly short learning curve!

James

I'm very very tempted to pick up a shavette and give it a shot. I've told myself (and the other half) that I wouldn't move on until I used all my DE blades... which after doing math this week is 8.5 years worth of shaving at this rate. A shavette would be an ideal compromise. :laugh:

Yeah I'm slightly more keen on it now hey, haha. Have been watching some youtube vids this morning.

Is there any difference in the different Dovo shavettes? I know about the black and red inserts, but the handle colours, are they all just about which colour you want?

I have the brown clear plastic one and the all metal one. Depends if u like metal or plastic feeling. The plastic one has problems but that's just bad luck and that I purchased it of shaver shop in Adelaide :((. The price diff is just the material it's made out of.

Im planning on givign one of these a try. @Ybbor did you buy this from the shaver shop Adelaide? I might go down and look tomorrow if they stock them.
I was going to buy the parker from the bay but it posts from UK so prefer somethign local.

Adam I have a dovo shavette plus some dovo blades if you want to try it/buy it pm me. I don't use it since I got my straight

Shaver shop in Adelaide gave me a bad one. I then got one that worked from men's biz. Really rate shaver shop in Adelaide badly!!!

I like the all stainless one! Nonnick would be a good way too!

Shaver shop in Adelaide gave me a bad one. I then got one that worked from men's biz. Really rate shaver shop in Adelaide badly!!!

I like the all stainless one! Nonnick would be a good way too!
Shaver Shop epitomises abysmal service.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417293460.670657.jpg

This is the one I have. It's got inserts for long or short blades.