The Professor and His Quest for Shaving Enlightenment

stikeyoda

Once upon a time, in the realm of academia, there lived a seasoned professor named Jim Stikeleather. He wasn't your average scholar, though. Fighting battles innumerable, from leading skirmishes of entrepreneurship to commanding legions of Perot and Dell, he brought reality and experience from such as The Battle of Isengard to the Ivory Towers. No dusty tomes or tweed jackets would ever adorn him. This professor, in addition to the many scars fairly earned, possessed a twinkle in his eye and a mischievous grin, for his true magic, wasn't conjured just in libraries or fields of honor, but through the language of ones and zeros – he crafted software, making computers bend to his will.

Years of weaving technological spells had instilled in him a love for logic and data. Yet, as retirement loomed, he yearned for a new quest, one that traded algorithms for lather and blades. The humble art of wet shaving had captured his imagination, but the world of "YMMV" pronouncements left him wanting. He craved precision, a quest for shaving enlightenment!

He wasn't just any shaver, mind you. This professor was a collector, a hoarder of gleaming razors and mountains of blades – Dorcos and AccuForges, Blacklands and Carbon Shavings, all whispered promises of perfect shaves. But alas, none quite sang the right tune. Then, fate intervened! A Tedalus Velocity-one, oh how it beckoned with its futuristic allure, and lo and behold, it became his shaving muse!

But the journey wasn't over. Two Lambdas arrived, vying for dominance against the Blacklands. The professor, ever the scholar, knew this was an opportunity to study, to gather data, to banish the YMMV fog! He would become a knight of shaving science, wielding the tools of research to map the landscape of razors, blades, and rituals. Hot water versus cold? Robert's Method under the microscope? He would unravel their secrets!

Thus, he ventures forth on his mighty steed of steel from his modest fief in Tampa, Florida USA, into this vibrant online forum, not as a mere professor, but as a fellow adventurer, blade in hand, data as his shield, and a mischievous grin to light the way. So, join him, fellow shavers, in this grand experiment! Share your tales, your wisdom, your close calls, and shaving epiphanies. Together, let us banish the mysteries and bring the light of knowledge to the world of wet shaving!

Remember, dear reader, this is just the beginning. The professor's quest has only just begun, and who knows what shaving wonders await him (and you!) around the next bend!

Last edited:
Welcome to P&C Professor @stikeyoda - great to have you here (y)

"Observer, Futurist, Strategist, Innovator, Entrepreneur, Reader; Thinker; Mentor, Gadfly"

All admirable qualities, but "gadfly" has never appeared on any resumé I've ever seen. We need more of them, so hail and well-met Sir @stikeyoda, you'll find many windmills to tilt at here. :D

What's wrong with tweed jackets. Along with a tweed flat cap, they are a necessary addition to a man's wardrobe, especially in this day and age of absolutely abysmal fashion. Although I don't wear tweed whilst shaving they are necessary for Highland jaunts and also with my Landrover Defender, where tweed is almost as invaluable as a good socket set.

Welcome to P&C and trust you will enjoy the journey.

cheers Andrew

What's wrong with tweed jackets. Along with a tweed flat cap, they are a necessary addition to a man's wardrobe, especially in this day and age of absolutely abysmal fashion. Although I don't wear tweed whilst shaving they are necessary for Highland jaunts and also with my Landrover Defender, where tweed is almost as invaluable as a good socket set.

Welcome to P&C and trust you will enjoy the journey.

cheers Andrew
(TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK)

Tweedy Delights: A Tongue-in-Cheek Ode to the Undeniably Snug (and Slightly Snobby) Jacket​

Ah, the tweed jacket. A garment as rich in history as it is in herringbone patterns. Worn by professors, poets, and pub-goers alike, it's a sartorial paradox: simultaneously oozing intellectualism and the faint whiff of pipe tobacco. But fear not, dear reader, for this isn't your grandfather's tweed. This is tweed 2.0, ready to reclaim its rightful place in the wardrobes of the fashion-forward (and slightly ironic).

Ditch the Dowdy, Embrace the Dandy:

Let's be honest, traditional tweed could make even Sherlock Holmes look like he wandered off the moors and onto the wrong runway. But fret no more! Modern takes on the fabric are shedding their stuffy image, opting for slimmer cuts, bolder colors, and even a dash of athleisure influence. Think tweed bomber jackets (yes, you read that right) and cropped blazers that wouldn't look out of place on a Brooklyn hipster.

Is it Practical? Debatable. Is it Stylish? Undeniably.

Sure, tweed might not be the most weatherproof option. A rogue drizzle could leave you looking like a soggy owl. But who needs practicality when you have panache? A well-chosen tweed jacket adds instant sophistication to any outfit, instantly transforming you from "just another face in the crowd" to "someone who probably owns a first edition Hemingway."

The "I'm-Smarter-Than-You-But-Also-Kind-of-Snobby" Vibe:

Let's not sugarcoat it. There's an inherent "I know things you don't" air about tweed. It whispers of tweed-clad professors lecturing on obscure philosophy and sipping single malt scotch in their leather armchairs. But hey, own it! Rock that "I'm-well-read-and-slightly-judgmental" look with confidence. Just remember, a little goes a long way. Don't go full tweed Professor Farnsworth, unless you're attending a particularly themed costume party.

So, dear reader, are you ready to embrace the tweed? Whether you're a die-hard traditionalist or a trend-hopping fashionista, there's a tweed jacket out there for you. Just remember, wear it with a wink and a knowing smile. After all, tweed is more than just a fabric; it's a statement. A statement that says, "I'm cultured, I'm comfortable, and I might just judge you ever so slightly for your pleather pants." But hey, that's the beauty of fashion, isn't it? It's all about having fun and expressing yourself, even if your chosen medium happens to be a slightly pretentious, historically rich fabric. Now go forth and tweed with pride!

Now I must go shopping....

(TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK)

Tweedy Delights: A Tongue-in-Cheek Ode to the Undeniably Snug (and Slightly Snobby) Jacket​

Ah, the tweed jacket. A garment as rich in history as it is in herringbone patterns. Worn by professors, poets, and pub-goers alike, it's a sartorial paradox: simultaneously oozing intellectualism and the faint whiff of pipe tobacco. But fear not, dear reader, for this isn't your grandfather's tweed. This is tweed 2.0, ready to reclaim its rightful place in the wardrobes of the fashion-forward (and slightly ironic).

Ditch the Dowdy, Embrace the Dandy:

Let's be honest, traditional tweed could make even Sherlock Holmes look like he wandered off the moors and onto the wrong runway. But fret no more! Modern takes on the fabric are shedding their stuffy image, opting for slimmer cuts, bolder colors, and even a dash of athleisure influence. Think tweed bomber jackets (yes, you read that right) and cropped blazers that wouldn't look out of place on a Brooklyn hipster.

Is it Practical? Debatable. Is it Stylish? Undeniably.

Sure, tweed might not be the most weatherproof option. A rogue drizzle could leave you looking like a soggy owl. But who needs practicality when you have panache? A well-chosen tweed jacket adds instant sophistication to any outfit, instantly transforming you from "just another face in the crowd" to "someone who probably owns a first edition Hemingway."

The "I'm-Smarter-Than-You-But-Also-Kind-of-Snobby" Vibe:

Let's not sugarcoat it. There's an inherent "I know things you don't" air about tweed. It whispers of tweed-clad professors lecturing on obscure philosophy and sipping single malt scotch in their leather armchairs. But hey, own it! Rock that "I'm-well-read-and-slightly-judgmental" look with confidence. Just remember, a little goes a long way. Don't go full tweed Professor Farnsworth, unless you're attending a particularly themed costume party.

So, dear reader, are you ready to embrace the tweed? Whether you're a die-hard traditionalist or a trend-hopping fashionista, there's a tweed jacket out there for you. Just remember, wear it with a wink and a knowing smile. After all, tweed is more than just a fabric; it's a statement. A statement that says, "I'm cultured, I'm comfortable, and I might just judge you ever so slightly for your pleather pants." But hey, that's the beauty of fashion, isn't it? It's all about having fun and expressing yourself, even if your chosen medium happens to be a slightly pretentious, historically rich fabric. Now go forth and tweed with pride!

Now I must go shopping....
I want a tweed bomber jacket in hot pink. :LOL: