Tapatalk and links

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
Anyone rise having issues with links inside posts when using Tapatalk?
I keep getting the following error for the last few days:

unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at redirect.viglink.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your mobile device's data or Wi-Fi connection.

I think they have been doing some strange stuff with the whole links thing. Tapa redirects it to some sort of referral system and then shares part of the proceeds back with the site owners. I haven't seen a dollar out of it yet!

It might just be bad connectivity, DNS issue or similar. I can pull up the main Viglink site here at work so I am not 100% sure.

I may have to upgrade Tapa on the site again. I hate doing that, it seems to have all sorts of issues when I do.

No problem - just trying to identify if it is an issue with my phone, or elsewhere.
If it is elsewhere then there is nothing I can do about it, so I won't worry about it.

Just tried it on my phone, the links on the G&C page work for me within Tapa.

Maybe give your phone a reboot (good to do every couple of weeks BTW).

Still no good here. Will wait til I get home and see if it is works on wifi

I've had issues before with tapatalk on wifi, turn it off and enable 4G or whatever you have up there in Wulagi, and it should work.

Adaway seems to be the culprit. Will have to work out how to whitelist the redirect.

Simple enough. There was a disable redirects option in preferences.
Must be new, never used to happen on my old phone.