Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Shout out at all the experts ...

I've been using Tapatalk since I got my i6+ before Christmas to access the site occasionally.

Since before Christmas it has started displaying a 'Happy Holidays' splash page as you start it (hello guys, the holidays are over!) and it will also pop up with adverts for various apps and sometimes even take me to the apps store.

Is this just me? Is there a paid version where I can get rid of the adverts?

Thanks

I only use tapatalk on android and have never seen an advert. I have a feeling I bought it at some stage but can't be certain.
Can't help you with Apple products though.

Thanks mate

It's an update to the app that has introduced the splash page and adverts. Tapatalk must be monetising the app. Very unhelpful and annoying.

Think I'll have to reapply the adblocker just in case they decide to do the same on Android.

Happens to me too. Sucks.

Sorry @Mark1966 Paranoid Android here too. Nothing splashed.....yet!
I'm not a tech-head but a thought on this. I have Tapatalk on both my iPhone (4) and my Android tablet. On the iPhone I have to enter a security password while on the tablet I do not. Would this extra security step have something to do with the advertising splash screen?

Hmmm, I just open it up on my i6+ ....

Some Googling confirms an update did it :(

Would be happy to pay for an advert free version!

Tapatalk just updated their iPhone app. Changed some things based on feedback, including splash screen. But not sure about advertisements. So far, I've experienced none.

Thanks for the heads up!

Updating mine now :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Updating mine now :)
It has some issues with notifications I'm discovering... But still no adverts!

Alas! Still those terrible ads that take you to the App Store without clicking on them. [emoji34]

Ads have just dawned on my tapatalk too - running Android Fairyfloss or Glazed Ginger or whatever the hell the system is called...

According to the Tapatalk developers it's not the app responsible for the spam but connected "networks" in Australia and New Zealand. Not sure what this means but they are trying to rectify the issue.

Thank f-droid for ad-away is all I can say right now.

Is there and ad away app for i6+ running iOS 8. ??? I seriously would not mind paying for ad free but to be app-jacked like this ticks me off ...