Talk me out of..

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Unfortunately I saw some beautiful pictures of a Timeless made razor in bronze, anyone able to talk me out of getting one?
I currently own no modern razors so am looking to rectify this and would like to try something other than a stainless, I did have a karve for a while and while it was solid I did end up moving it on so I’m open to recommendations

Don't forget, Atelier Durdan make all their razors in copper, bronze or brass in addition to the usual SS or Ti... :X3:
Nah ..... Just get the Wolfman Brother, and don't let your wife caught you or seeing the Wolfman lying around in your den.

Otherwise, you'll be sleeping in the doghouse for LIFE!!!

Nah ..... Just get the Wolfman Brother, and don't let your wife caught you or seeing the Wolfman lying around in your den.

Otherwise, you'll be sleeping in the doghouse for LIFE!!!
Mm the wolfman looks nice but I donno.. seems expensive in comparison to other offerings. Trying to figure out if the hypebeast factor is worth it

If you like bronze and want a fantastic razor then I think it's my moral obligation to add the Lambda Athena or Ares razors in the mix which are both fantastic razors both visually and in regards to shave performance. Lambda razors have substantially cut down any sort of RAD I may have had. Excellent razors but I having said that I always wanted a timeless razor so I don't blame you.

@Ferret619 I have a Timeless TRBR38 Bronze Solid Bar with Scalloped and it is a heavy razor with a bit of chunk to it but I like it. It's surprisingly good for the chunkiness.

TBH if had the pick of bronze razors and could get my hands on one it would be one of the Charcoal Goods razors. Very classy and a bit more refined than the Timeless.

Lambda are beautiful and I would go for the Open Comb Ares, might even have to get both :)

Another vote of confidence for Timeless by the way. I had a stainless 0.95 SB from @StratMan not too long ago, and the shave was sublime, especially with a German Wilkie on board. It is seriously heavy though, which is why I moved it on.

@Ferret619, before you do anything else, give traditional straight razor shaving a go for a couple of week.

There is a loan-razor available here and detailed instructions here. You can thank me later.

Dude. Allow people some freedom of choice. Would you like Jehovah's Witnesses banging on your door every other day? 🤣

No one appreciates more the work you do than me but, you know, SR shaving might, just might not be everyone's cuppa, even after trying it.

@Ferret619, before you do anything else, give traditional straight razor shaving a go for a couple of week.

There is a loan-razor available here and detailed instructions here. You can thank me later.
I have straight razors, they are okay but I prefer safety razors.
You should try one.

@rbscebu straight razors are too much bloody hard work, safety razors are super simple easy-peasy stress-free for lazy ass hard work
Well, the hard part is wanting it enough to want to do all that hard work.... A few times.

However, if you don't want to, as long as you have a strop and learn to strop adequately, you can get by with razors honed by knowledgeable friends or fellow forumites. Once you get a good, trustworthy razor in your hand, it really isn't that much work. I'd wager you put in the same amount of work into cleaning properly a DE, as into stropping and cleaning (so much easier to clean a SR than a DE) a SR.

However, here comes the onus of the question: why should you want to do it if it's not appealing to you? If it is because someone wants to convince you that SR's are the way, that shaving is so much better with a SR than with a DE/SE, well then that's no reason at all, because it is a flawed and, highly partisan argument.