Synthetic Brushes

Enablers ?
That we indeed are ;)

I couldn't help myself , so had a late night shave just to try the new toy .

It is just a brush, albeit a nice one but just a brush to paint soap on your face.

At least I learned something, I still like my $20 boar brush the best but it seems that I can never get away from gentlemanly experimentation.

Yep, I was enabled and now I know even though it cost, but that is now my past.

What will tomorrow bring?

I think it should bring another visit back to that shop to see if they have a soap or cream specifically designed for synthetic brushes.

I'm sure there isn't but would be interested to see what the salesman tries to sell you.

Just one more shopping day until tomorrow @Marlow - just remember that!

I think it should bring another visit back to that shop to see if they have a soap or cream specifically designed for synthetic brushes.

I'm sure there isn't but would be interested to see what the salesman tries to sell you.

Yeah I reckon the Plisson Synth would work nicely on the Cade.

There is something really nice about this Plisson brush. It is in a different league to the Body Shop one.

It is different to my natural bristle brushes.

I am going to use it exclusively for awhile with a range of soaps and creams and see how it goes.

M0st brushes come with a learning curve for optimum use, and I suspect that a synthetic is a totally different beast to your usual brushes. It's probably natural to be a little bit underwhelmed with the result, going from natural hair to a synthetic one means adjusting to a new set of characteristics and losing your point of reference for a good result. Persistence will probably pay off with better results over time, and if all else fails, you can probably flip it for a decent price YKW. :D

I have a Muhle 'Silvertip' Fibre travel brush - it replaced a pure badger one that was well and truly 'broken in' and working well.
The Body Shop ones I wouldn't put in the same category as these based solely on feel in the shop.

There is something really nice about this Plisson brush. It is in a different league to the Body Shop one.

WOW! I might have been right for once.

Just pointing this out so people can take note :)

It is different to my natural bristle brushes.

I am going to use it exclusively for awhile with a range of soaps and creams and see how it goes.
I'll be very keenly watching this little journey of yours @Marlow

WOW! I might have been right for once. Just pointing this out so people can take note :)
Noted Mark. Is that the first or second time this year? <insert appropriate smilie here>

@stillshunter - First since P&C was established actually :)

@Marlow - thank you - good luck with it, enjoy!

@stillhunter, I am usually the one who watches, but seeing you are the one responsible for this, I hope you watch closely :sneaky:
Do your best or worst - you have my complete attention.
BTW: there's an "s" in the middle of my name, @Manilow

Last edited:
OK , sorry, corrected I stand ashamedly,@ still shunter.

That brush is quite a luxuriously soft French tickler when dry, and rather floppy when wet, but has been lathering creams quite well so far.

It will be good to see how it goes with soaps.

That brush is quite a luxuriously soft French tickler when dry, and rather floppy when wet, but has been lathering creams quite well so far.

The quote under your name is a little worrying when you also admit to liking french ticklers splattered all over your face.

I like all sorts of shit egg, as long as it feels ok I am ok with myself and others. I try to be sort of tolerant and understanding, well so I tell myself.

Whatever gets you by is ok by me if no harm is done.

I go by Sui Generis and sort of like my shaving gear to be a bit that way too.

But tolerance is the thing when we get on forums and we can usually enjoy this as not only a genuine human connection but also as a great place to act humorously with each other.

because I am sure we all realise that we are all fucking weird bastards.

Shave on.........................

[…] because I am sure we all realise that we are all fucking weird bastards. […]
Ummm…I'm not.
But do agree you all are. That's why it's so damned entertaining on here.

…now about this brush. How hard a soap do you have to test this on @Marlow?

Well Stillsssssssssssssssssssshunter, how hard is hard when soap is the subject.

I have some Tabac, L'occitane Cade, Speicke, GFT Sandalwood, Someone's Wool Fat and some others which I cannot remember, dunno where to put some disgusting stuff like Cella, but please excuse the previous spelling as my shaving stuff is upstairs and I am down and being a lazy bastard I cannot bring myself to go and have a look.

But as it comes up I will maybe remember the name if it is at all memorable.

But this brush is a different sort of thing, I think I like it even though it is French.

[…] I have some Tabac, L'occitane Cade, Speicke, GFT Sandalwood, Someone's Wool Fat and some others […]
Well some hard enough soap here to test the mettle of the fake French fur.
'specially the Tabac - a personal favourite! Absolutely love that stuff!!!!

Last edited:
OK Stillsy baby Tabac for you and we will see how it goes.

I love it too.

I might just go and do it now as tomorrow I am pushed for time, work and all that sort of stuff.

Be back shortly,....I hope.