Stumbling into the world of DE shaving

51M0N

So I've accidentally stumbled into the world of wet shaving after picking up a Jack the Barber razor, blades and brush on a whim at the shops the other day.

First couple of shaves were very rough (although much improved once I upgraded to proraso shaving soap). Probably 95% my bad technique, but can say I love the feel of the razor, so started to look at different razors/blades and came across this forum.

Didn't take me long to realise that this is a rabbit hole, just hoping it will be less expensive than the espresso rabbit hole I fell into last year!

Next step is to find a better razor (something with knurling), and pick up a sample pack of blades.

Welcome @51M0N, a decent blade, good slick lather and a light touch will quickly deliver the most satisfying shaves you have had. You don't have to purchase dozens of razors and brushes, soap by the kilogram and thousands of blades, but we won't judge you if you do! :)

G’day @51M0N welcome to P&C, watch out for the evil P&C Grinch during Christmas Eve, because, he steals your money by encouraging you to buy MOAR!! wet shaving gear into your den.

giphy.gif

Welcome to P&C @51M0N - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @51M0N,

"Didn't take me long to realise that this is a rabbit hole, just hoping it will be less expensive than the espresso rabbit hole I fell into last year"!

Wet shaving will save you money! 😁😁😁
Yep, just like I saved money drinking espresso at home 😉.

Trying not to go too deep too soon, so looking at cheaper option like diy aftershave.

Last edited: