Speedwork

If I approached shaving like I did with a cart, I could do it in less than 5. Less fuss over the lather, and a 1 pass plus tidy would do it.

I like to do it properly though and feel like the extra few minutes was put to good use.

I think the Aztecs used an R41 in the rare 'blood splashed obsidian' version to keep Huitzilopochtli happy

Hmm might be more use to count the strokes instead. Make every stroke count. A DE is half the width of a straight it might play to my advantage!

When in a rush and really need to shave(have a mustache and goatee that I dye brown, stubble is white), I "Dry Shave" with a '04 Gillette and a new blade. 2X's usually do it. Finish up with a good splash of AS.
Time- takes longer to set the new blade than to shave.

(Find that you really do need a new blade each time)

Have done it with a Straight, but wouldn't recommend it!

Dry shave just sounds wrong/painful.

If you want to try... Main element is a new blade. 2nd, dry means dry skin. Water will only add to the friction. 3rd, think fast, 1WTG, 1XTG if you must. You're not looking for a BBS shave, just passable and out the door.

Believe me.. One shave per blade.

wet shaving has become my meditative device. it teaches me the value and how to slow down and pay attention. speed and absence makes for mistakes. the reward is in the process. it has been a revelation and I have no intention of letting it degrade to a means to rid my face of whiskers.

then again it might just betray my Mediterranean heritage, which doesn't mind taking its time and investing in the foreplay.

wet shaving has become my meditative device. it teaches me the value and how to slow down and pay attention. speed and absence makes for mistakes. the reward is in the process. it has been a revelation and I have no intention of letting it degrade to a means to rid my face of whiskers.

A bit surprised by this @stillshunter - you actually have time to slow down and pay attention while shaving and can still post 427 times to this site in a day :)

A bit surprised by this @stillshunter - you actually have time to slow down and pay attention while shaving and can still post 427 times to this site in a day :)
Touche. Though then again, they are the only two things I do in life - shave and not shave (a.k.a., write about shaving while impatiently waiting for stubble to grow).
Oh yeah being off work for the next week helps too I s'pose.