Shaver Heaven Grapefruit & Lime

I don't pretend to be an expert but if someone is going to make shaving soap and sell it for money,the customer expects that person to know what they are doing and have the expertise to have control over the full process and if it doesn't turn out as it should, it shouldn't go onto the market.

Anyway, it's all good. I just wanted to share my opinion and I still feel Anthony had nailed the performance and the forbidden forest scent is awesome! Two thumbs up!
True.
And I'm with you totally on the performance. Top notch. I also agree about the scents being hit & miss... I'm sure Anthony will refine and improve over time. [emoji106]

I don't pretend to be an expert but if someone is going to make shaving soap and sell it for money,the customer expects that person to know what they are doing and have the expertise to have control over the full process and if it doesn't turn out as it should, it shouldn't go onto the market.

Anyway, it's all good. I just wanted to share my opinion and I still feel Anthony had nailed the performance and the forbidden forest scent is awesome! Two thumbs up!
ARKO!!! sells, that well actually that they've extended their range!

Hi Guys, thanks for all the input.

My apologies that you're not a fan of the Grapefruit and Lime scent. To me, the scent was that of Grapefruit, albeit, not like the TOBS grapefruit.
Since reading the thread I approached other customers who had bought the soap to see what they thought of the scent, and although most made reference to TOBS Grapefruit, no one said it smelt like toilet freshener (as I was almost going to pull the product when I read this thread).

I guess all I'm trying to highlight is each to their own. What I smell is different to what other smell. However, that being said, I have switched my oils out and am going to try another blend which may work out better and have a similar scent to that of TOBS Grapefruit. Its a work in progress.

In regards to scents in soap, yes, the scent does change a little when added to the soap in the final process. Although we do have some control over what the scent will be, the soap process sometimes changes the final scent, especially with blends.

For example, if I were adding a straight scent, say almond, one oil / fragrance, then yes, the final product will be almond in scent. It may not be as strong as I would have liked it to, so I know next time around that more has to be added (this is also true when switching out oil suppliers). When blending, you have various oils and scents at play. When adding to a soap, you may "cook" other scents out, or some take better or become more prominent than others. From there, you can further tweak the blend to ensure that other scents become more prominent, but once again it comes down to my sense of smell. I typically run scents past family members to see if that can identify the scent, and I get totally conflicting results at time. So I stick typically stick to what I feel is correct.

You live and learn, so I thank you once again for the feedback.

@Pjotr I gather your not an Almond soap lover like myself? I have a sweet almond mik soap which is quite nice and not like the other Almond scented soaps out there like Cella, etc.

@Pjotr I gather your not an Almond soap lover like myself? I have a sweet almond mik soap which is quite nice and not like the other Almond scented soaps out there like Cella, etc.

Almond that doesn't smell like cella etc?
...I'm VERY interested!!

@filobiblic
Was looking for that to link it.
IIRC It's written by Will.

There's actually a few different types of almond scents: sweet, bitter and inbetween ("amaretto"). Here's a great primer to read on different scents.

Cool, thanks!

The boellis would be perfect for me but at that price and noted average performance, I'll pass.

DRH almond was a really great scent but just too light for me to enjoy it. I wish it had the potency of Arlington!