PIF No. 15 (Worldwide) - Shave-ready ⅞ Straight Razor in Fine Timber Case (Guess the number)

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
Note: There are still shave-ready new razors available in PIF No. 11.

Another donation from @Phil Harmonica to the cause. This much sort after shave-ready straight razor has been hand crafted in a far-off and exotic land. After honing it was finished on the naked thighs of a young virgin girl and comes in an exquisite timber case finely crafted by the overly protective mother of that young virgin girl. This is definitely a razor that many would desire to add to their collection.

9ULCfS1.jpg

tgVA3Vp.jpg

o3c5azW.jpg

Technical Details (approximate measurements):

Maker = Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd., Zhejiang, China​
Model = Gold Monkey (Jinhou) 666​
Year of manufacture = unknown, probably a long time ago​
Blade material = high carbon steel​
Point style = Dutch​
Grind = half hollow+​
Blade width = 21.5mm (⅞)​
Bevel angle = 18.4°​
Blade thickness = 0.20mm at top of bevel​
Edge length = 69mm​
Stabilizers = one each side​
Jimps = bottom of shank​
Tail length = 9mm opened 270°​
Scales material = Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) thermoplastic​
Pins = 2 of nickel alloy plus ABS spacer pin​
Wedge = integral with scales​
Length closed = 163mm​
Balance (opened 180°) = 27mm from pivot pin towards blade​
Mass = 57g​

Condition:

This straight razor is in new shave-ready (to my standard) condition. The spine shows just a slight amount of wear from its initial honing. The Gold Monkey 666 has a finish quality that is higher than the Gold Dollar 66.​
Note: This razor is suitable for a beginner into the gentlemanly art or a more experienced SR shaver.​

Rules:

1. This PIF is open to members worldwide.​
2. You must have been a member of P&C on 27 January 2024.​
3. The winner is to pay postage within 72 hours of winning (see postal rates below).​
4. Entries closed 2359hrs UTC Friday 02 March 2024 (that's Saturday morning in AU).​

How to enter:

This PIF requires some lucky guesses. I have thought of a number between 1 and 20 inclusive. You need to guess that number (a whole number). You are allowed multiple guesses however each of your guesses must be at least 24 hours apart.​
To win this PIF, just post "I'm in" with your guess of the number. [e.g., I'm in 15]. First to guess the correct number will win. If there is no winner by the close of this PIF, I will keep this razor for myself - it is that good. It is even worth is just for the case.​
If you find that this SR is not for you, all I ask is that you return the razor to me. I will then refresh the blade's edge and PIF it to another member.​

Postage Rates:

Australia = AU$12.20 delivered within 5 to 10 business days​
New Zealand = AU$17.60 (about US$11.40) delivered within 8 to 12 business days​
Asia/Pacific = AU$21.60 (about US$14.00) delivered within 10 to 18 business days​
US/Canada = AU$24.20 (about US$15.70) delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Europe/UK & Brazil = AU$29.60 (about US$19.25 delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Rest of world = AU$35.60 (about US$23.00) delivered within 15 to 25 business days​