My SR makes a come back.

Sounds very Zen !!!!

Sounds very Zen !!!!
Never thought of myself as a "Zen" kinda bloke. I'm not all that great at spelling and zen has too many letters for me to memorize. Prefer to consider myself as one who takes his time to stop and smell the wattles (enjoy the good things in life). As my pastor used to speak over the pulpit (having a dig at me), "Don't get caught in the traffic behind a North Queenslander with an Akubra in a 4WD". Life is fast blokes - be it zen or relaxed lifestyle - shave SLOWLY and ENJOY it.

Oh crap - are you THAT???

How bout dem storms maaatteee ?
U b ok ?

Yep, yep. Akubra wearing, 4WD'ing (sloooowly), country music lovin', toothpick chewing, North Queenslander. But a clean shaven one. Just slow down blokes … ... ... Ain't no hurry. Enjoy that shave; nice and slow.
Hmmmm....This is sort of only half-right according to your avatar.
...and not quite sure how the "Hellfire Pass" reference ties it all together? Hmmm... :cautious:

How bout dem storms maaatteee ?
U b ok ?

When you live in paradise, well ......... totally skirted Townsville this time. We had a Cat 5 during TC Yasi (2 years ago) but only blue skies this time.

Hmmmm....This is sort of only half-right according to your avatar.
...and not quite sure how the "Hellfire Pass" reference ties it all together? Hmmm... :cautious:

Yeah, from my trip to Thailand. Went to Hellfire Pass along the Death Railway. Many Aussie POW's (and POW's from many nations) lost their lives here as they were forced to build a railway through jungle and mountains in at an astonishing pace through dysentery, sickness and no medical supplies. Immortalised in the movie, "Bridge Over the River Kwai", though that name is a mistake. Confusion in the river/name at the time of the movie apparently.

To stand in the very cutting through SOLID rock (not shale or similar) and know these blokes were fighting for my country, so I can live in a free country ... ... ... something I'll never forget.

When you live in paradise, well ......... totally skirted Townsville this time. We had a Cat 5 during TC Yasi (2 years ago) but only blue skies this time.

Yeah, from my trip to Thailand. Went to Hellfire Pass along the Death Railway. Many Aussie POW's (and POW's from many nations) lost their lives here as they were forced to build a railway through jungle and mountains in at an astonishing pace through dysentery, sickness and no medical supplies. Immortalised in the movie, "Bridge Over the River Kwai", though that name is a mistake. Confusion in the river/name at the time of the movie apparently.

To stand in the very cutting through SOLID rock (not shale or similar) and know these blokes were fighting for my country, so I can live in a free country ... ... ... something I'll never forget.
Yeah, think I'll pass upon that, being one of those primary responders that come in before, during and after stuff like that happens.
Safe, stable suburbia tyvm :)

Glad that things are better for you this year mate.

Honed/refreshed the straight last night. Great shave this morning before church. The blade had been tugging the last few weeks so I bit the bullet and hit the hone. A big difference in comfort/usability. I only have the one hone (a Shapton 8000) so setting the bevel/starting from scratch is out, just refreshing.. Also received great advice from @Mark last night on lapping my hone. That is the big plus of this community. Like minded people sharing their experiences and knowledge. Thanks @Mark.

My name is Dale and I have only had one shave per day since Easter Friday. Well, it's the method of AA so it probably suits for SA (Shaver's Anonymous). Since packaging my DE to get a couple of mates into shaving I have only had one shave per day using just the straight. And since being weaned off the DE I really can't see myself returning to 2 shaves per day. Happy with the straight or just lazy? Yeah, both.
Just arrived in the mail today. 2 x Body Shop brushes (Thanks @Mark1966 for your direction). My DE89 (thanks @Mark1966 for your sale) with Bulldog handle (thanks @Nick the Knife http://paste-and-cut.com.au/communi...-weber-handles-usd25-10-post.1509/#post-34434) will be leaving home for the next month or so. I have a couple of mates who I'm trying to get started on real shaving. I'll give than some soap, a 5 pack of Astra Greens & a brush to get them started with a loan of my DE and see if they like it.
Anyway, back to the main topic, my mates. The first bloke didn't even try the DE. Disappointing. He just returned the package today. So onto my next mate tomorrow. Hopefully better luck this time.

I guess I have the second cheap synth brush to try/keep. Never used one before but synths get good writeups here.