May 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10f1a64c86be6e8a9d8ca95e57bc4cfb.jpg

Tiny boar for those quick shaves/travel

Last edited by a moderator:
BWW Ghost Shit and one of it's siblings arrived.
A Nikkor prime equivalent to a nifty fifty fast glass lens.
Awaiting a JPG shipment of clothing.
Not sure of the dates, yet think there was a shipment of ShaverHeaven that arrived early this month as well.

Mail call from the stray whisker yesterday afternoon when I didn't get a chance to open the box as I was getting myself ready for the Masonic Lodge last night, I got another Semogue Owner's Club boar brush in Ash Wood again as I've already own a SOC boar in Cherry Wood. Also got another Semogue brush stand for my new SOC boar brush in Ash Wood, and finally got an Alt-Innsbruck sample pack both with EAU de Cologne 3ml and pre & after shave 5ml I can't wait to try this in my next shave.

If I really like the scent of the Alt-Innsbruck EAU de Cologne I'll buy the 100ml bottle as I'm not 100% sure about the Alt-Innsbruck Pre and After-Shave Emulsion will see.

Cheers ;)(y)

Mail call from the stray whisker yesterday afternoon when I didn't get a chance to open the box as I was getting myself ready for the Masonic Lodge last night, I got another Semogue Owner's Club boar brush in Ash Wood again as I've already own a SOC boar in Cherry Wood. Also got another Semogue brush stand for my new SOC boar brush in Ash Wood, and finally got an Alt-Innsbruck sample pack both with EAU de Cologne 3ml and pre & after shave 5ml I can't wait to try this in my next shave.

If I really like the scent of the Alt-Innsbruck EAU de Cologne I'll buy the 100ml bottle as I'm not 100% sure about the Alt-Innsbruck Pre and After-Shave Emulsion will see.

Cheers ;)(y)
Alt Innesbruck emulsion grows upon you.
Takes a man to appreciate it though... ;)

The pair of you, I honestly believe if you give it a fair go and use the emulsion first with the A/S on thop 5-10 minutes after, you will love it too :)
And not just for the scent either ;)
It actually does perform quite impressively, even if I do say so myself !!! :)

The pair of you, I honestly believe if you give it a fair go and use the emulsion first with the A/S on thop 5-10 minutes after, you will love it too :)
And not just for the scent either ;)
It actually does perform quite impressively, even if I do say so myself !!! :)
Thanks for the advice @borked

Will keep that in mind. Patiently waiting for the mail now....

Mail call again:- arrived this morning all the way from France and man receive a huge box about 300mmSQ very light for some reason, I can still smell a very strong lavender, rosemary and mint scent inside the box anyway I open the box and BANG! The very strong lavender, rosemary and mint scent inside the box has fill the whole house and it took nearly 5mins for my mother comes in my room and she said what on earth is that wonderful smell of lavender and mint scent I told her I bought another shaving soap and she knew I was bloody nuts will all my wet shaving gear.

Anyway I got a Martin de Candre Scented Shaving Soap comes in a glass jar and it quite heavy for a 200 gram for a bloody hard soap, very nice soft white creamy color of lavender, rosemary and mint scent WOW! I can't wait to used this soap tomorrow night and it going to be fun, also their a message inside the box say I have to use a badger brush for this soap I'm sure is okay for me to use a boar brush instead of badger as their is no hard fast rule for this soap only.

Very nice mail call mate - enjoy!!!!

also their a message inside the box say I have to use a badger brush for this soap I'm sure is okay for me to use a boar brush instead of badger as their is no hard fast rule for this soap only.
Haha! Any brush is good with it. Choose your favourite. [emoji4]

(And anyway, since when has someone told you what to do...?! [emoji6])

@filobiblic the French cannot tell the Aussie what to do about their wet shaving in our own mother land ;)

That is fantastic. I am certain you will enjoy it. It presses all the right buttons of your scent sensors.
Don't worry about the badger brush advice, just use whatever you like. Go on, the soap will take it.

P.S. you might spend extra time in your shave just sniffing the lather and occasionally, one may just enter the bathroom just to open up the jar to get a whiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.