LOAN-OUT No. 2 Shave-Ready Straight Razor (AU only)

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
Offered for loan is a shave-ready (to my standard) re-scaled Gold Dollar 66 straight razor, finished on diamond pasted balsa strops. The razor has been re-scaled with wattle timber. This loan-out would be good for someone wanting to dip their toe into the gentlemanly art without a lot of expense or an experienced SR shaver who wants to try a diamond pasted balsa edge (not recommended for those use to a more "mellow" edge).
The minimum that you will need to shave with this SR is a shave brush, shaving soap and a leather strop or sheet of newspaper. Detailed instruction on use and care will be emailed to you.

H6AuSsk.jpg

69ao1ai.jpg

x8rJkxi.jpg

This SR has the following properties:

Manufacturer = Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd., Zhejiang, China​
Year of manufacture = 2023​
Blade material = high carbon steel​
Grind = half hollow​
Blade width = 21mm (7/8)​
Point style = Dutch (round)​
Bevel angle = 19.1°​
Edge length = 68mm​
Blade thickness = 0.23mm at top of bevel​
Stabilizers = none​
Spine decoration = none​
Scales material = wattle timber​
Pins = 2 of brass​
Wedge = tapered of lead alloy​
Balance point at 180° open = 19mm from pivot pin towards blade​
Mass = 63g​

Rules:

1. To participate in this loan-out, you must be resident in Australia and have been a P&C member for at least 90 day with at least 50 posts.
2. You may use this SR for up to 14 days then you will be responsible for postage back to me in Mareeba Qld (cost up to AU$10.60 in 2023) for refreshing the edge and passing it on to the next loanee. I will cover the postage to you.
3. If you break, lose or wish to keep this SR, you will pay me AU$80 to cover my costs in buying the SR, re-scaling, honing and postage.

To participate in this loan-out, just post "I'm in" and I will PM you shortly before posting the SR to you. If you do not reply to my PM within 48 hours, the SR will be offered to the next in line and you will have to re-enter this loan-out.