Lather Shots

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Arlington and Chubby 2 Best

@Psmith what's the Arlington scent like as I have Dr Harris Windsor just asking

478ba02e78aae063d27de8bca8272419.jpg

Shavemac 177 + Savonniere Du Moulin

I'm having a hard time using the 177 with hard pucks. Lather ran thin around second pass. During first pass it felt alright, as soon as I hit second pass, it runs thin and not as fat as I've heard SdM's supposed to be.

Ill give it another go with stiffer brushes tomorrow.

478ba02e78aae063d27de8bca8272419.jpg

Shavemac 177 + Savonniere Du Moulin

I'm having a hard time using the 177 with hard pucks. Lather ran thin around second pass. During first pass it felt alright, as soon as I hit second pass, it runs thin and not as fat as I've heard SdM's supposed to be.

Ill give it another go with stiffer brushes tomorrow.
Sounds like not enough loading to me - the lather looks absolutely beautiful, so very surprised...maybe try @Lifes a Peach method of adding water to the puck while loading, instead of to your brush?

Sounds like not enough loading to me - the lather looks absolutely beautiful, so very surprised...maybe try @Lifes a Peach method of adding water to the puck while loading, instead of to your brush?
Yea definitely. If I loaded enough, it feels like a million dollars sliding on my face. Not this time. I will either try @Lifes a Peach way, or a stiffer brush. Boar, horse and 2 bands.

Cheers @alfredus. The picture was just after first pass. I find that it looks best just after first pass. But this time, it's not the usual. I'm sorry Sifu, I have failed this thread.

Yea definitely. If I loaded enough, it feels like a million dollars sliding on my face. Not this time. I will either try @Lifes a Peach way, or a stiffer brush. Boar, horse and 2 bands.

Cheers @alfredus. The picture was just after first pass. I find that it looks best just after first pass. But this time, it's not the usual. I'm sorry Sifu, I have failed this thread.
f342f91d01a31fa3c9f828f5b912f578.jpg

Can't sit still. Used a horse, plus @Lifes a Peach advice, plus read online, load as dry as you can, add drips of water. Whoala. Mega Fat donkey milk lather achieved. Washed off and relathered, still might thick even throughout third relather application.

Being too used to softer soaps, I add water a little too quickly. Have to change my strategy a little for harder soaps.

f342f91d01a31fa3c9f828f5b912f578.jpg

Can't sit still. Used a horse, plus @Lifes a Peach advice, plus read online, load as dry as you can, add drips of water. Whoala. Mega Fat donkey milk lather achieved. Washed off and relathered, still might thick even throughout third relather application.

Being too used to softer soaps, I add water a little too quickly. Have to change my strategy a little for harder soaps.

@silver don't worry too much about it grasshopper as you're master is always on the lookout for you're mistakes until you get right okay grasshopper :p:D;)

Last edited:

Speaking of my twist on MM's method, I get to use this method today after a month of nothing but a shave stick!!!

If only I can remember how to do it :LOL: Seriously though - loading my brush from a puck is going to feel a little strange.

Speaking of my twist on MM's method, I get to use this method today after a month of nothing but a shave stick!!!

If only I can remember how to do it :LOL: Seriously though - loading my brush from a puck is going to feel a little strange.
You can always pick the puck up and scrub it on your face if it'll make you feel more comfortable.:LOL:

You can always pick the puck up and scrub it on your face if it'll make you feel more comfortable.:LOL:

I'll let you into a little secret - I did rub the puck onto my face :LOL:

Not intentional so to speak. There's not much left of my puck of Czech & Speake and it wasn't sticking to the bowl. So I rubbed it on my face :D

Can someone tell me how to hide a thread in the "New Posts" page? This thread was started back on Mar 15 and I thought "Oh yeah, let them have their fun. It will only last a week". Nope... here we are in June and you guys are still posting the same photo's over and over. I shall quote @eggbert
In Tapatalk I can see a list of threads that I have "ignored". My only issue is that I have NFI how I managed to ignore them.
Well that and the fact that (on other fora at least, honest) my user ignore list doesn't get forwarded to Tapatalk, so I keep seeing @filobiblic's their comments all the time.

In Tapatalk I can see a list of threads that I have "ignored". My only issue is that I have NFI how I managed to ignore them.
Well that and the fact that (on other fora at least, honest) my user ignore list doesn't get forwarded to Tapatalk, so I keep seeing @filobiblic's their comments all the time.
The recent update to the Tapatalk apps has seemingly got the default option of following threads and users to ON. So for every new post to a thread I've had to Un-select the icon on the bottom right - either a little bell (in Orange) for a thread or an silhouette of a person with a tick (blue for ON).
Oh, and Tapatalk now has an ad on each screen (unless I pay a monthly subscription).

(So I think you're "following" me and that's why you keep seeing my comments appear in your feed when I post to a thread that you've already unsubscribed. Make sure that you un-follow me. Confused?)